Aeris Atmos 2 - locked up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ironcat

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have the Aeris Atmos 2 computer and one of the reasons I got that model is that it was NOT air integrated. I figured having analog guages would help me out if the computer ever died on me underwater.
Well, the computer died on me underwater.:11:
Actually what happened is this...
I set my EAN rate on the boat and got all ready to go. When I hit the water I always check my air and comp to make sure everything looks good before descent, but this time my whole display was lit up, every symbol was on and staying on, every number, bar, letter, everything...
This seeems odd I said to myself.
I tapped button number 1 and nothing.
I pressed button 2 and nothing.
I pushed both at the same time and nothing.
I rapped the computer with a knuckle a time or 3... still nothing.
Has anyone else ever had this problem or even one similar? :confused:

Luckily, I always carry my tables with me (thank you NAUI) and wear a watch when I dive (thanks again NAUI) so my analog guages let me dive. Yay, I got to dive ! :D
I just had to keep checking my computer every few minutes in the hope that it would somehow have fixed itself (it didn't).

So... always back yourself up, it saved my dive but it might save your life.

I sent the comp back to ScubaToys (it was under warranty) so hopefully I will have an answer and a computer before mini season.

That's really odd. Maybe the battery was just about dead? I have the same computer, and haven't had a problem...and I'm hoping to keep it that way. Keep us updated if you find out what the problem was.

PS: This makes me want to throw my tables in my BC on a cord. I've seen people diving with them, and now I know why.

My instructor taught me to attach a slate to my tables and just clip the whole lot to my BC. I always have my tables with me and a slate as well...

Been a week now and Scuba Toys is still looking at it and no word from either them or Aeris as to what might be wrong with it...
:(
I hope i don't have to buy a new computer, I was just getting to like that one.

Ironcat:
Been a week now and Scuba Toys is still looking at it and no word from either them or Aeris as to what might be wrong with it...
:(
I hope i don't have to buy a new computer, I was just getting to like that one.

Our apologies Ironcat,

I've spoken with our customer service manager today, he informs me that your computer is on it's way back to Scuba Toys - The delay was our fault entirely.

I had problems with my first Atoms. I had just received and tested it in the pool only. We went to Mexico and on the first dive all the lights and everything started flashing, it started beeping even though the audible alarms were off and then put me in deco. This was my first dive, in the water under 5 minutes and only at 30 feet. When I called the LDS here in Colorado (no one had even seen this computer in Cozumel before) they said remove the battery to reset it. The next day it happened again. When I returned home I went to my LDS and they where dumbfounded. They had never seen anything like this before. I did not really want another Aeris, I did not trust their product. However my LDS though willing to straight out refund my money (and my husband's for his though he did not have a problem) really suggested I give Aeris another shot. I did and have not had any problems since then.

jwilmot:
...However my LDS though willing to straight out refund my money (and my husband's for his though he did not have a problem) really suggested I give Aeris another shot. I did and have not had any problems since then.

Awesome LDS customer service! You should give those people a plug.:sappy:
Sea ya!

Underwater Phantaseas - Lakewood, CO They have been great. Yes the prices may have been better online but with service like this I can not complain. Also we can use their pool for free when we want (assuming it is not reserved for a class). We take advantage of this after buying gear to make sure everything works and we are familiar with it.

This is why its sooo important to buy things like computers from reputable dealers that the manufacturer will work with!!

I have an Aeris AI and haven't had a minute of trouble with it, but I know that Larry at ScubaToys will be on my side supporting me if anything ever happens. And now, thanks to ScubaBoard, I feel that Oceanic/Aeris will do whatever it takes to make things right....all because Doug isn't afraid to step up and talk with us. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom