scubapro mark v 1st and 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtech

Registered
Reaction score
Back in the early eighties as a youngster I lived in Athens Greece for two years and got into diving. After I took the open water course there I bought a scubapro reg set at the instructors diveshop. I still have the box (a little worse for the wear) but the reg set only has maybe 6 dives on it. After I left Greece I got married and had kids and kind of drifted away from diving, now with the rug rats all grown up I'm back into diving again as I have much more time to devote to personal hobbies. I was wondering if I took it to a local diveshop here in Alberta canada would they still have parts to service it? On the box is stamped 12-105-000 mark v and the numbers 0911161 (serial number?) Also if anyone can identify the second stage that would be great. I'm gonna try and post some pictures but im not sure how well that will go. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Dtech

That is similiar to the rig I dove with today. It is still fully supported by Scubapro but you may have to look around for a tech that is older than the reg who will recognisre it. The 2nd stage is an R109 Adjustable which can be converted to an R156 Balanced Adjustable for just a couple more dollars (US) at rebuild time. It is an excellent regulator.

Hold on to it, it is as good or better than some new regulators, Mine is 20 years old and is still my main single hose regulator. No problem getting rebuilds.

It looks like you have a mid production Mk 5 with the very desireable 5 port turret, but without the smaller SPEC holes in the ambient chamber and (I am guessing) only 1 HP port.

It's a great reg and you would not do much better performance wise buying a new one today.

Back
Top Bottom