What's the turnaround time at your LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wondering how the 2 week turnaround time of gear service/repair at my LDS stacks up against others.

Yes, this is the kind of boring things you ponder about when your gear is in the shop.:shakehead Usually thinking about this kind of stuff while i'm shower diving in my 3mil shorty.

I've had anything from three days to two weeks, depending on what my issue was and what the workload at the shop was.

A good reason for annual maint in the "off season"!

Dave

Sometimes 2 days, sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes 2 months. They will ask me when I need my gear next...that seems to determine their pace. :confused:

bennedc:
Sometimes 2 days, sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes 2 months. They will ask me when I need my gear next...that seems to determine their pace. :confused:

I second this. I have learned if I want it back quick. I tell them I have a dive trip planned next week and they have it ready.

I bring in when that wonderful man is there. He fixes, checks, installs or changes it while answering incessant questions about what he is doing and seeing. Patiently lets me mess with it myself while I come up with a couple more questions he good-naturedly answers and then I take it back home.

DawgDiver:
Just wondering how the 2 week turnaround time of gear service/repair at my LDS stacks up against others.

Yes, this is the kind of boring things you ponder about when your gear is in the shop.:shakehead Usually thinking about this kind of stuff while i'm shower diving in my 3mil shorty.

In my case about 2 hours. I'm in pretty good with my LDS and I do much of the work myself but I think most people could have much shorter waiting times by asking the LDS when it works out for them and making an appointment a few weeks ahead of time. If you do it like this, there shouldn't be any reason to have to wait more than a day unless the LDS isn't qualified to service your particular reg.

R..

A couple LDSs I've used outsource their regulator servicing to a guy that drops off and picks up once a week. So if you just missed his weekly visit, it's going to be a two week repair cycle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom