Where to go for big sea shells off the sc, nc or ga coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody know of any good spots to go for shell diving off SC, NC, or GA coast? I am looking or lagre Welks, Conchs, worm casings, or any other large shells. Any place to do it from shore or do I need a charter?

Thanks,
Leah

leah:
Anybody know of any good spots to go for shell diving off SC, NC, or GA coast? I am looking or lagre Welks, Conchs, worm casings, or any other large shells. Any place to do it from shore or do I need a charter?

Thanks,
Leah

Hello

Unless your looking for shells that wash up on the beach or if you like blackwater diving you will probably need a charter for Georgia Or South Carolina. I've seen some pretty neat shells taken (far) offshore here. The water clears up offshore here at about 15-20 miles out.
I'm not sure about North Carolina. I've never dove there. Perhaps some of the NC divers will respond

Last Saturday SeaJay from www.Deepsouthdivers.org and I went out to the Betsy Ross on my boat about 19 miles off Hilton Head. When we dropped over the bow section in approximately 105' fsw there were like 10 huge conch shells and several shells scattered around the bottom. It is probably a lair for an octopus. We did not take any, but I guess if you wanted to you could.

The seas were 7-8 ft, but this weekend they should be less than 2'. It was a cool dive on a cool wreck. The sea life and coral was some of the healthiest I have seen, mosty in part because no one really ever dives out there. If your ever interested in running out with us, let me know. We always have room for another diver! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom