XTX50 or ATX50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlazierB

Contributor
Reaction score
Morning All!

Much like the thread title says... Which 2nd Stage should I go with? What really are the diffrences? Using them on the DS4 1st stage and they are gonna go my dual setup.

Besides the exhaust tee and the "A new silicone exhaust valve" is there much difference in performance? The price difference is pretty minor so cost isn't a factor...

Thanks

As far as I can tell the only substantive differences are the ability to change exhaust tees and to have a tech switch the hose to the other side. Cosmetically the faceplate is different. I dunno if the silicone exhaust valve makes any difference.

My recommendation is: If you prefer the appearance of one, get that one. If you really don't care about looks and price is really not a deciding factor, go for the XTX since it's newer so parts may be available farther into the future.

Just got back from a dive vacation with XTX50. It performed very well.

Also, I liked the wider exaust vents for the no-mask drills. (In the past with cheap SP regulator I had a problem with bubbles getting in my nose as I exhaled with no mask.)

Sorry, never tried ATX50.

A word of advice: be sure to get your new Apeks regulators adjusted.

if your LDS doesn't adjust regulators before you get them, be sure to get them adjusted. It seems that Apeks regulators out of factory are not adjusted very well - so take it to a qualified technician or make sure LDS actually adjusts intermidiate and cracking pressures. To me the difference was night and day.

ATX50 and XTX50 both are very good performance regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom