Red Sea Relax?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moor

Registered
Reaction score
Could anyone post any advice on Red Sea Relax diving and accommodation operator in Dahab, Egypt. They are asking for US$ 368 for 10 days, 20 Dives, free Dorm Accommodation. I'm planning to go there in January 07 for two weeks and appreciate any advice on this operator or their deal.

Looks pretty interesting http://www.red-sea-relax.com/ Nice website!

It also looks as though the included diving would be on the "house reef" which seems kind of near by.

Where else could you dive twice daily and bunk for $37 ?

RoatanMan:
Looks pretty interesting http://www.red-sea-relax.com/ Nice website!

It also looks as though the included diving would be on the "house reef" which seems kind of near by.

Where else could you dive twice daily and bunk for $37 ?
I don't know much about Red Sea Relax but I know there're other places where you can get such package but with BB accomodation in tents including beds, light, and shared bathroom/shower, along with Dahab's top sites diving (not house reef).

In case you're interested, PM me for more details.

Thanks a lot for the responses I am getting. Isn't (house reef ) a very good dive site or is it somethig ordinary in Dahab.

And could RoatanMan, please elaborate further on the meaning of your epitaph. Since I like it very much but my English is not perfect and need some clarification on the idea behind it please.

I can recommend the package deals from Fantasea Divers: http://www.fantaseadiving.net/index.htm

My girlfriend and I got a very good deal for a 7 night stay (seaside room with breakfast at Dahab best location 5min from the center of town - nice and quiet) with 12 dives (October 2005). Our instructor Tom was very competent, a skilled UW photographer and good at handling groups with different levels of experience. We did shallow dives in beautiful coral gardens and more spectacular wall diving. The best dive was definitely "El bells/blue hole". It starts of in a sort of cave, that goes downwards to 32m. Then you dive along side a huge wall that goes straight down into the blue and you end up in a big blue hole that goes down to over 100m.

Most dives in Dahab are shore dives which make them cheaper (no boat expenses). Between dives you relax in the shade at small beduin "café" tents. Boat dives can however be arranged as well as camel dives. The latter is a fun way to go diving. The camel ride is great fun and you get the dive sites for yourself since you can only get there by camel (or boat).

Talk to Chriss who runs both hotel (Coral Coast Hotel) and dive center. Both hotel and dive center are well run, service was good and the atmosphere super relaxed! I will definitely go there again.

Have a nice trip.

Although I dive all over the Egyptian Red Sea, Dahab is my favorite too :)
And yes, Bells -> Blue Hole is one of the best dives ever, especially when done a bit different. I usually begin at the Bells then go north (left not right), then I return back to the original route until the Blue Hole. The northern part (left) is much better, as it is rarely dove.

u cerytainly got the cheapest price in dahab :) hope u will enjoy your stay

moor:
Could anyone post any advice on Red Sea Relax diving and accommodation operator in Dahab, Egypt. They are asking for US$ 368 for 10 days, 20 Dives, free Dorm Accommodation. I'm planning to go there in January 07 for two weeks and appreciate any advice on this operator or their deal.

I stayed there last year for about five days and did a few dives. The room I stayed n was exceptional and had a great view of the sea. The service was awesome.
The dive operation was lacking and I was not impressed but having said that I was in Dahab about six weeks ago and they have changed the Dive staff.
The biggest problem I usually have with the dive operations in the red sea is that many if not most have no licenses to operate and their staff do not have work permits.

Here are some pictures taken from and in the hotel:

100_0725_130.jpg

100_0726_414.jpg

100_0727_411.jpg

100_0728_273.jpg

100_0729_150.jpg

100_0730_146.jpg

100_0730_146.jpg

100_0731_765.jpg

100_0732_840.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back