Oceanic Reg Noise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jodilynne516

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I purchased an Oceanic Delta 4 reg. I used it a few times (3 or 4 dives) and then started to hear a strange noise. It sounded sort of like an old telephone ring whenever I'd take a breath. I wasn't able to figure out a pattern or when it made the noise, it wasn't every breath. Before we went out again we got another brand new Oceanic Delta 4 reg. I got the new one because we just got a pressure gauge and I have a wrist computer for depth and my husband got the "old" Oceanic reg. The next time out, I heard the noise using the new one and my husband did not using the one I already heard the noise with. Any ideas what the noise might be? And why would it make the noise when I breathe from it, but not my husband?

Thanks,

Jodi

I have had the same issue with my new Delta 4. I notice it when my take gets down to 700psi or so. Check your PSI next time you hear it. I noticed it most when I was breathing hard swiming against a current w/tank below 1000psi. I would be intrested in your results since the LDS is dubious of my claims.

I've heard it throughout the dive! I didn't hear it on one dive at first. I had adjusted it to the "standard" breathing range and it felt like I was having a a harder time getting air so I made it a little easier and the noise started. I tried maker it harder again and the noise continued. Before every dive I adjust it to the "standard" setting (adjusting it until I just start to hear air coming out then turning it 1- 1 1/2 turns harder) Yesterday I heard it everyonce in a while.

There was a recall on Oceanic regs a couple of years back. Could yours be old stock? Check with your LDS if yours is one of them. That sounds like the problem they were recalled for.

Is it?

Mine [Delta 4 FDX 10] makes a half beeping half wheezing sound whenever I take a breath. From what I feel, It does not affect breathing however, right down to 10-15 bar or so, I can definitely tell that my air is depleted from the breathing, but it's not hard work.

adad:
Is it?

Mine [Delta 4 FDX 10] makes a half beeping half wheezing sound whenever I take a breath. From what I feel, It does not affect breathing however, right down to 10-15 bar or so, I can definitely tell that my air is depleted from the breathing, but it's not hard work.
I don't know if this applies to your model but here is the story http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/news/article.asp?newsid=288

I just bought mine about 6mths ago from a LDS that moves a fair amount of gear. I doubt it is +2yrs old. The "old phone ringing sound" is the best description of what mine does. I am going to try it again this weekend and see what happens.

Those with the noise issues, look at the inlet were the DVT is, is the plastic there white? If yes then we have the solution ( I've posted here before on it), if it's red then please PM me so we can get this looked at. Either way PM me and we'll get it resolved.
Best,

Chris

PS- There is no and has not been a recall on Delta 4 regulators....

Chris,

I'm sure you have addressed it before, but I cannot find thread with the fix. I own a Delta 4/FDX10 with the white DVT and LOVE it. I can hover in the head down position, and recently breathed a tank down to about 100 PSI with no change in breathing effort.

I hear a minor ringing at the end of a quick breath. It's not an issue, but should I have it taken care of at service time?

cerich:
Those with the noise issues, look at the inlet were the DVT is, is the plastic there white? If yes then we have the solution ( I've posted here before on it), if it's red then please PM me so we can get this looked at. Either way PM me and we'll get it resolved.
Best,

Chris

PS- There is no and has not been a recall on Delta 4 regulators....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom