Apeks ATX200 for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the hose routing of a pair of ATX200 first stages on doubles? I imagine it would be the same as the TX100, except that the environmentally sealed ends would face in towards each other, instead of away from each other, which would make for a more compact installation. I'm about to start some doubles diving, and need a new set of regs. I'm considering DS4, ATX100 and ATX200 - buying the ATX200s would leave my existing DST/TX50 as a singles rig, and future deco regulator, without having to swap or buy extra second stages like if I went the DS4 route.

This was just covered on the Quest list and George advised exactly what you suggested. 100's out, 200's in. Then follow the hose routing as pictured on the WKPP site.

Haven't used the ATX 50's but the ATX 200 that I use for singles rides pretty high on the tank. I imagine that the 50 may ride lower and be more comfortable (more head room) for singles.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Hey Ben,
The 200 is great. Hose routing is a piece of cake. I point both seals in the same direction due to the screwy oversized LP port. I never had a problem.
Now, I've switched to a 200 on primary and a SP MK 25, G250 as backup for shallow stuff (above 225) and use the 100's and other 200 as stage bottles. I really appreciate the upgraded 200 and 100's more when they are used.
Cheers and good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

If you get half a chance and you have access to a digital camera, I'd love to see a picture of your 200's on the manifold Divesherpa.

I would love to see a picture also. I just went from Cyklon 300s to a set of Apeks ATX200s. The Cyklons had easy hose routing since all the ports were basically 90 degrees to each other. I currently have my 200s setup like a set of 100s with the diapragms facing out. I'm still playing with hose lengths etc. Can someone post the info from the Qwest site or is that a breach of forum etiquette?

Chuck

I've got a pair en route from SimplyScuba - I am going to mount them with the diaphragms facing in towards each other - that way the hose routing will be the same as TX100s. The ATX200 first stage ports are "upside down" compared to the TX100. (I think).

I am still refining my new reg setup. I originally tried to route the hoses like ATX100s and was un-happy with it. I followed this thread and went back and swapped things around so the diapragms face in. Things are starting to clean up a bit. The primary reg is an ATX200 first and second with a 7ft LP hose and a 22" inflator hose. The secondary is an ATX200 first with a T20 second. The LP hose is 22" and the pressure gauge is on a 24" hose. I'm still working on the routing of the secondary. The initial attempts with the 22" hose seemed way short. I went ahead and added a Scubapro 120 deg joint between the LP hose and the secondary and that helped alot. I have a 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor on the secondary LP hose as well. I tried to eliminate this by putting the secondary on the port closer to the valve. It didn't give me enough room because of the contour of the top of the tanks.

That's exactly how I pictured them. My regs turned up today, but there's been a mixup and I've received yoke instead of DIN, so I can't rig mine yet. I was thinking of keeping the Apeks 29" hose on the secondary to see if that helped with hose routing - the 22" seems too short to me on a single tank rig, let alone on a doubles rig.

What did you do with your other ATX200 second stage? It seems a bit of a waste to me to use it as a backup reg - I've got a TX40 I can use instead much like you're using a T20.

I use tx100s facing out. They are rigged exactly like George's on the wkpp site.

A couple of tips I can pass on:
Route the backup hose under the corrugated hose. This helps keep it tucked in place and, combined with the HP hose, restricts the airflow through the top of the wing. This is actually desirable, as it lets you control the volume of air on each side more precisely to adjust trim for stages, or lack thereof.

Don't use a longer hose (>22-24") for the backup. I tried the standard apeks hose for a little while and it will extend past your shoulder (bad) and will pull on the backup when the longhose is clipped off (annoying). I use a custom made 22" hose with a 1/2" end. Most any diveshop can special order one. With a 22" it will rest right along the side of your neck. It's perfectly comfortable for the limited time you'll be using it and as streamlined as it gets.

Stay away from adaptors and elbows. They don't seem to make much of a difference and are just another o-ring.

I prefer an adjustable backup so it can be detuned for currents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom