Madison Quarry on July 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Several of us are headed out to the Madison Quarry on July 1st. come on down if you want to get wet.

The quarry is open only through a "Limited public use agreement" through certain shops who have arranged for it's use.

We'll meet at the quarry at 8am or just before at the entrance. If you're late, chances are you'll have a hard time getting in. Everyone will need to go by SDI on Friday or before and arrange for the dive. You'll need to pay your $20 bucks (cash) and fill out the waiver form or whatever they require. You'll also need to bring all gear and tanks already filled. (no gear, tanks or airfills on site). Rentals available at SDI and Dive Sports locally.

Note: See SDI for their rules on diving in the quarry and times set. I don't make the rules so see them about them.

I might bring out a small grill for burgers if there's interest in that. B-Y-O-Burger.

Let's go diving!

-Mike

Hey Milke
Who are all these people you speak of? I may be interested. Does anyone have a map of what is still in the quarry? What kind of diving are you planning on doing? Thanks!

-Matt

I've got pretty much everything important off their old site. Maps, temp log, pics, etc. I'm going to put a bunch of it up on the local scuba club site for other folks to be able to use and download. When/if we get the new quarry website up, it'll be there too.

Everything is still in the quarry. Nothing was removed. If you need a list of stuff, I can provide it.

who's going. Rocketman, ScubaLuke, Boomer7 have said they wanted to go via PM/emails/phone.

right now I've got a report of temps two weekends ago of around 70f on the bottom, which is REALLY WARM for this time of year. Real warm. Lots warmer than Bluewater or Marthas. It'll definately be in the upper 70's if not 80f by September!

what kind of diving? just getting wet. you'll have everyone(type diver) there. water is still low so we'll be able to get in 1 hour plus dives easily.

I am going to be there too! (I got you PM, Mike)! I got a light for Father's Day and I want to try it out, whether I need it or not doesn't matter! :)

I have a canopy that sets up quite easily, especially next to an active BBQ grill. Probably could even fit seven or eight chairs underneath it if the price is right! :14:

If the quarry is donw 10 feet then the water cannot be any deeper than 50, if that.

Randy :coffee:

If the quarry is donw 10 feet then the water cannot be any deeper than 50, if that

I think we'll be hitting around 35-40 feet average/max.

Looks like from the emails I've gotten that everyone seems interested in the grill-out idea. We'll figure out the exacts later in the week on what to do/get/bring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom