Martha's temps??????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scubabrandon.
I was at Martha's Sat/Sun June 24-25, certifying 8 divers, so needless to say, I don't know the bottom temps! However, the top thermocline was quite pleasant. Surface temp was about 83-84. Thermocline was around 25 feet and the temp dipped into the mid to low 70s. It actually felt great as we got kinda warm diving shallow since some us were still bundled up in our hoods and vests. There was another temp change around 30 feet as well (and, of course, temp changes deeper than that too). Heard rumors that the bottom temps (55') are still in the high 40s-50s, but I cannot personally verify that. Viz was pretty good too... averaging 15-20 feet in the top 'cline. Most students were in 3mm 2-pieces suits and no one was cold and some even complained of being "hot" while diving. My DM stayed in a 3mm shorty and was very comfortable. Again, these were fairly shallow dives as our max depth was 35 feet.

Hope this helps and I hope the conditions hold. I've been out there almost every weekend since May and the viz has consistenly been at least 15 feet, with early morning viz in the 20ft range. You should have nice dives around the crusher/shaker houses. Lots of baby brim hanging out in the grasses too!

Dont know about the temps, as I havent been there for about 3 weeks, but I bet you will love the quarry. It doesnt have as much as some others, but there is so much fun to be had there. Plus, Fred is a great guy, and always has a few good stories to tell. Have a great dive!

-Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom