where to find falure reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BelikinBob

Registered
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is anywhere you can find computer reliability/faluire reports online.

I am courious because I have been given two conflicting points of view from people, and dont know who to belive. Researching computers is confusing!

thanks!
Bob

I doubt there is any real data available.

In any case, IMO the most common failure of dive computers is a dead battery rather than true failure.

My unscientific sampling of noting computer failures while out of dive boats leads me to believe that wireless computers have much higher failure rates. That may be nothing more than dead batteries in the sender unit on the 1st stage, but I'm not sure, since the normal response is for someone to dig up an SPG or a gauge console and connect it up for the next dive.

If you do manage to uncover some real statistics, please post it here on Scubaboard.

Charlie Allen

p.s. Another common "failure" is setting the computer to the wrong nitrox mix.

remember to plan your dive and dive your plan. have watch, air and depth gages besides your computer. keep your computer in order. be aware of recalls or news from the company.

Back
Top Bottom