Diving the gulf in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boomer7

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to dive the gulf the week of October 7 - 13. I am new to the area so I am looking for charter or shop suggestions. I am still undecided on which location I will be staying at. (panama city, gulf shores etc..)It all depends where the best oppertunity to dive is. I dive doubles and am looking to dive in the 100 to 60 ft range. I have heard that some boats have a problem with people who dive doubles. I know this is early but I want to have my dives set up before I leave.

Brian

Will you treat the doubles as two single tanks or as a full set of doubles? I know ops that wouldn't mind the doubles as long as they're treated as singles.

What kind of diving do you like? What kind of charter are you looking for? 6pack? Doesn't matter? Price?

Your thread is quite broad, there is good diving from Gulf Shores to Panama City and everywhere in between, especially in the depths you are looking for...

I would like to use my doubles as doubles. I can do a nice 40 to 60 minute dive and still have air left if any problems arise. I would like to bring both sets with me. Obviously if it is a 60 ft dive I will only bring one set and breath them down half way on the first dive. A six pack boat is fine. My biggest concern is that I will drive 6 to 8 hours and not have a place to dive. I prefere shipwrecks that were not ment to be there. Artifical reefs are a good last resort. I am looking to get out early in the Morning on both Saturday and Sunday.of that week.

Thanks Brian

SuPrBuGmAn:
Will you treat the doubles as two single tanks or as a full set of doubles? I know ops that wouldn't mind the doubles as long as they're treated as singles.

What kind of diving do you like? What kind of charter are you looking for? 6pack? Doesn't matter? Price?

Your thread is quite broad, there is good diving from Gulf Shores to Panama City and everywhere in between, especially in the depths you are looking for...

Empire Mica might be right up your alley, check out some of the ops in PCB to see who will run you out there. I'm not up on who will allow a tech friendly trip without renting the whole boat out.

For the Empire Mica try Eric at 850-527-7901. I think he leaves out of Mexico Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom