"O" Boat Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstonedvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went out on the H2O Below this last Saturday.
At first I was thinking "get me off this thing"...a mass of confusion...but I just keep saying to myself you knew this is a multi-passenger boat coming in....they only carry 16 but are rated for 24...we had 18 due to a cancellation by another shop so the Capt took them on..it was packed and we were running heavy as everyone was on steel....took us a little over 2 hours on a great day with flat seas....once we got chained in and we got into the routine everything went smooth, vis was on the low side at 40ft but all you needed to get around, went to the deck and worked our way up the island, lots of ins and outs,baitfish,crabs and little stuff with big AJ's on the outskirts...at the top of the island there is always a current but once you get about 10ft above it, nothing...at least on that day...cuda's on the stop...between dives they had fruit...on the second dive we did a little more penetration....a must see dive...although next time I would like to get away from the island on doubles...on the way in they grilled hotdogs....all in all the crew did a bang up job and I can only give the operation a thumbs up....order out of maddness...
On Sunday we went out on the Sea Scout..Lloyd is one great Capt and really great guy...Brian his mate on this day was good also..we hit the YDT 14 with no current and 50+ vis, great ship to swim inside...saw a dead grouper being dined on by at least 25 big fireworms....then we dove the Peen Haul which is 20,000lb's of bridge rubble...had a 6ft Reef shark buzz me three times well within touching distance...it liked me for some reason....nice encounter.....again flat seas and lots of sun...a great weekend of diving...I have been under a curse for awhile with all the trips I plan not going due to seas or weather...so two trips in two weeks with identical weather is well....FAR OUT.....thank you Lord!!!
Yarg

Back
Top Bottom