West Beach Paddlewheeler 6-26-6 Night Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Josh L, Mikey P and I met up with TwoBitTxn across from Bahama Bob's yesterday around 7:45PM to go dive the West Beach Paddlewheeler. The water looked clear enough from the surface. It was a bit choppy from the wind and there seemed to be a slight current running from west to east. The water temps were a very comfortable 84F and I opted not to wear any exposure protection, just trunks. Visibility ended up being 5-10' and there is quite a bit of sawgrass moving in and starting to collect on the lower portions of the wreck. I hit a max depth of 15' for a dive lasting 68 minutes. We were schooled by spades and pinfish, mangroves jumped in and out the wreck, and there were quite a few electric skates around, but we were looking for flounder mainly. I ended up taking 10(including 2 large fish), Mikey took 5, and Josh took 3. All in all, we had a great dive.

Looking forward to this weekend, leaving the spears at home and taking the camera back out in Destin :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
Looking forward to this weekend, leaving the spears at home and taking the camera back out in Destin :)
When you gonna get the camera on the Paddlewheeler? I know it's a low percentage bet getting decent vis, but I'm still wanting to see whatever you can get. At least until I can break away and get down there myself :)
Rick

Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday :wink: Probably shooting spears on Sunday, but Monday or Tuesday I'll have the camera with me - hopefully, I can get something decent. The paddles are intact-ish and look great!

You saw the shrimp boat pictures? I wouldn't expect quality any better than that, but it'll atleast provide an idea whats out there :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday :wink: Probably shooting spears on Sunday, but Monday or Tuesday I'll have the camera with me - hopefully, I can get something decent. The paddles are intact-ish and look great!

You saw the shrimp boat pictures? I wouldn't expect quality any better than that, but it'll atleast provide an idea whats out there :D

Cool. I'm looking forward to taking a few fish with my new License!

I may even invest in a pole spear.

Back
Top Bottom