Scuba Specialties gained my Respect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Now admittedly I'm pretty hard on LDSs but today Scuba Specialties [4139 W. Bell Road Phoenix] gained my respect!!

I was in there today getting a couple fills, there was this father in there with his 2 sons who were getting certified, the dad was concerned about the youngest passing the written exam and the older son had a sinus infection and had trouble in the pool. The dude at the counter couldn't have been more helpful and understanding. BTW he's always been nice to me even though I'm only in for fills.

Anyway, the younger son apparently was having trouble with the tables, the guy hands the dad one of those dive table calculator thingamabobs brand new in packaging off the shelf and tells the Dad, take this, if it helps next time your in pay for it, if it doesn't just bring it back. I was pretty floored by this act. You definitely don't see that everyday, heck I may have never seen it. Anyplace else I've been they more than likely would have been "here buy this!".

So Scuba Specialties has gained my respect, I'm not in the market for any gear, but next time I am, I'll give them the first shot at my business.

Garrett

That is a good story. Did you tell the shop what you thought? They're more likely to continue this level of customer service. I'll check into them as my current LDS is falling a bit: I've placed an order 3x, called about my deep dive c-card 3x (since April) and still no word.

Scuba Specialties just operates that way. I have had the best of everything out of the shop. Including demo of equipment and no questions asked if I did not buy it. In addition, the staff and managment have always gone beyond my expectations in every transaction. I've seen them do right by customers time and time again while I was just window shopping them, as I often do.........Big Mike

We aim to please. Thx. BTW, Garrett, who was behind the counter?

Seems like I'm always asking you for names! :D

mudchick:
Did you tell the shop what you thought? They're more likely to continue this level of customer service.

I gotta say that that's just our style. Always has been... always will. If anyone around here experiences anything less, then let me know.

shark.byte.usa:
I believe Frankie based on your sites Photo Gallery.

Yah... he does that all the time!

I'll pass on the good words.

shark.byte.usa:
Well you've gained a customer, due to your "style" :D BTW when's the next Auction, went to one last year and had a blast; got a couple LP72's too.

Don't know for sure... maybe Octoberish???

Garrett, I passed on your words to Frankie. He said, "Right on!" "That's very cool!"

Thx again!

Back
Top Bottom