Any users of Seacure on Apeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theatis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I bought a Seacure mouthpiece for my Apeks XTX 200 and installed it with no problems in the process. However, there is a bit of a gap between where the old Comfobite mouthpiece reached and how far the Seacure mouthpiece goes. Is this OK or is it a problem? It seems sturdy enough but it just looks wrong to me.

EDIT: I wanted to add pictures so you can see exactly what i'm talking about but it says i may not post attachments. Does anyone have any idea why that is?

Ugg. Why in the world would you replace a comfo-bite mouthpiece?!? They're the best thing ever!

SparticleBrane:
Ugg. Why in the world would you replace a comfo-bite mouthpiece?!? They're the best thing ever!

You obviously have not discovered the joys of a seacure...

It shouldn't be a problem, I dive with a seacure on my oceanic delta 4, it sits differently than regular mouthpieces do but works great. Are you sure that you got the right size though? Since the seacures aren't stretchy like other mouthpieces they come in a variety of sizes to suit different brands of regs.

Have used a seacure on my Oasis for about 10 years. Loved it for the whole time. Just got a Atomic M1 and I installed a comfo-bite on it. Guess what....I won't go back to the seacure. One thing I did not like about the seacure is that you are always biting down on the whole piece. With the comfo-bite I'm hardley biting down at all! It is way more lite weight and feels like nothing in my mouth. Not to say seacure is bad it is just a different bite

I would have to say that sharing air from someone who has a Seacure is quite unappealing, :yuck: something about feeling all the texture of someone elses teeth :shakehead . I would also have to say I prefer the Comfo - bite.

Mark

Thanks you guys. I'll try to respond to everything at once. I believe i have the right size which is II, there's a reference to something called a Pro II but i have no idea what it is and how it differs, in any case it wasn't an option where i bought mine.

I have no problem with the Comfobite, in fact compared to other "regular" mouthpieces it's much preferable. I thought i'd see what all the fuss is with the Seacures. I thought if it turns out i don't like it, i can always give it to a friend since they can reboil it and customize it to themselves.

I just read the sticky that attachments will be back later today so i'll post a picture so that you guys can see exactly what i'm referring to.

scvdiver:
I would have to say that sharing air from someone who has a Seacure is quite unappealing, :yuck: something about feeling all the texture of someone elses teeth :shakehead . I would also have to say I prefer the Comfo - bite.

Mark

I've shared air with hundreds of students. Not one complaint yet!! I've trimmed the bite wings real short so they don't bother people with smaller mouths.

In an emergency you don't know what you'll be getting. Do you want air or not?? :wink:

laserdoc:
Have used a seacure on my Oasis for about 10 years. Loved it for the whole time. Just got a Atomic M1 and I installed a comfo-bite on it. Guess what....I won't go back to the seacure. One thing I did not like about the seacure is that you are always biting down on the whole piece. With the comfo-bite I'm hardley biting down at all! It is way more lite weight and feels like nothing in my mouth. Not to say seacure is bad it is just a different bite

I always thought that the beauty of the Sea-Cure is that I don't have to bite down. It just stays put.

Back
Top Bottom