Do you believe in "Bachi"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hope I spelt that right. Bachi is a word that I learned when I first moved here. No idea where it comes from or if it is a local word or not, but it basically means what goes around comes around.

A good friend of mine has been pretty bumbed out and most of her trouble is coming from one person - ok all of her trouble. Now being the soft spoken person that she is she would take the crap and come to complain to me. Now it seems that the person causing this grief has had such a stroke of bad luck that it isn't funny anymore. Is it Bachi? or just a series of unfortunate events?

I think most groups of people have some sort of belief like that.
As many bad things I have been pulled from, I figure I have a heck of a stash of Karma points saved up from my last lifetime. I must have been a really good person helping lots of people like a priest or prostatute or something :)

Wildcard:
I must have been a really good person helping lots of people like a priest or prostatute or something :)

:rofl:

Bachi is a Japanese (I think) belief of what comes around, goes around.

I think I only halfway believe it, and the half that does just comes from my childhood - always hearing warnings about it, so it must be true.

The half that doesn't believe it is still waiting for my ex to get his just desserts.

lol...time is sometimes our enemy girl :wink: but maybe it's waiting for the right moment to do the most amount of damage?

justleesa:
but maybe it's waiting for the right moment to do the most amount of damage?

his karmic debt keeps growing and growing - wait much longer and it will be like Armageddon.

chepar:
his karmic debt keeps growing and growing - wait much longer and it will be like Armageddon.

That was funny to me, but I'm sure not funny to you.

what you sow, that also you shall reap

those forces which you direct at others will come back at you, sooner or later

i do believe that

Biblically, Andy summed it up quite nicely - Galatians 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Along with that, Proverbs expands on the issue quite nicely
Proverbs 24:16-22
"For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. [17] Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: [18] Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. [19] Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked; [20] For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out... For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom