My LOveChIlD has a J-O-B !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey, O'hana my eldest is employed. She is the hostess at Phuket Thai! Please call in your cheeseburger orders now! (insist on a Cheeseburger, in a foreign accent of your choosing)

This was the first place we ate when we moved to Hawaii. This older Japanese friend of mine is always playing pranks. So he told us we were going to "*-it Thai" then we go there and he said look! There is Phukk Yuen right upstairs. THEN he tried to get us to say the name of the place at the Phuket Thai table when we ordered. But...we smelled a rat. We are easily amused, my family.

This is a milestone. First flicker of freedom I have seen since conception.

So....anybody see the Opi'hi veto on the ban? Is that cause the numbers are dwindling? I hear a lot of guys get washed off the rocks picking Opi'hi. What do they taste like? can you buy them in the local fishmarkets or Chinatown?

Next tidbit....I came home last night after dark and thought "OMG, somebody has finally drowned in my pool". I almost came out of my skin. It was a bag, but it sure looked like a body in the moonlight.

Maybe the body fell out of the bag and it's resting on the bottom?
Jobs are good for kids. I hired a local kid 10ish to pick up sticks, he brought his little sister with him so I hired her too. They worked for 2 hours and havnt seem em since.
They taste a lot like abalone. ya otta see the size of on Kahoolawe!
Crap, now Im hungrey for abs. I need to order a dry suit.

catherine96821:
Hey, O'hana my eldest is employed. She is the hostess at Phuket Thai!

This is the one at McCully Shopping Center? I think my cousin works there.

I am a firm believer in teens working during the summer. The harder and more menial work, the better. Installs a good work ethic - and the appreciation on the value of a dollar.

catherine96821:
So....anybody see the Opi'hi veto on the ban? Is that cause the numbers are dwindling? I hear a lot of guys get washed off the rocks picking Opi'hi. What do they taste like? can you buy them in the local fishmarkets or Chinatown?

I LOVE opihi. Got to be one of my absolute favorite things to eat. It looks pretty unappetizing - like a dark grey blob or slice of something on your plate, though. It has a salty/briny taste. It's pretty expensive (over $30 per pound) and can be somewhat hard to find. That strip mall across the street from Ward Warehouse has some fishmarkets - next to Marukai. We always got our opihi at one of the fishmarkets there.

I guess I could make an order for delivery.

"I am a firm believer in teens working during the summer. The harder and more menial work, the better. Installs a good work ethic - and the appreciation on the value of a dollar. "
My god, she is not ready to be a DM yet!

My first summer job was as an X-ray Orderly working at a Community Hospital: transporting patients; developing the film; holding down belligerent drunks on the table as they were being X-ray'd (and irradiating myself as well); and assisting the Tech's in prepping patients for various Procedures (e.g. Barium Enemas, uggh!). Would've made more money working at the local McDonald's Fast Food Joint, but that job could no way match the real life and death struggles/experiences that I witnessed --lasting impressions that stay with me to this day.

You wanna teach your Adolescents about tough choices, ethics, morality and to appreciate good Health Habits? Have 'em employed or do volunteer work at a Hospital. . .

catherine96821:
First flicker of freedom I have seen since conception.
HHhhaarrrr! The Lovely Young Kat & I had a GREAT laugh at that one.
Thanks.
Rick

How not to eat Opihi:

200502261438008092.jpg

Dive buddy tried to get rid of the guts first before eating it :)

It's kinda chewy but I'm sure a little shoyu make it mo betta

Back
Top Bottom