tenerife dive + spanish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

furphy

Reaction score
http://www.donquijote.org/english/tenerife.scuba.asp

It's a combined diving and spanish course for two weeks in the canary islands... a few of my friends are very keen to go, but I'm not so sure about the price tag (738 Euros for courses and accom, plus about $AUD3000 for airfaires).

Has anyone heard anything about it, or been diving in tenerife, that feels like giving me advice on this?

Hi,

I haven't heard of the course but I have been diving several times on the south of the island. The underwater topography is superb with huge drop-offs and impressive gullies. There are a few wrecks but the main attraction is the scenery and fish life. I've dived with rays, dolphins and turtles on various visits. The viz is normally good ie 15-25m with water temp at approx 17-25o. I felt comfortable in 7mm farmer johns and a t-shirt but others needed jackets too. A computer is handy as your dive profile will be all over (don't ever be tempted to share a computer, by the way).

If you have a specific area in mind and I've dived it, I'll be happy to let you know what I know about it.

Muy estimado Sr. Furphy,

?Porque quiere apprender Espanol en esta manera? ?Quiere saber las palabras de buceo o los nombres de peces? !Es mas facil usar un diccionario!

Si quiere hablar Espanol diario, se puede viajar por Espana o Mexico, etc. en grupo o sin companeros. ?Ha usted pensado en Cozumel. Es un lugar mucho interesante y se puede bucear alla.

Favor de explicar...

Vaya con Dios,

Joewr

p.s., ?Ha leido, "En una parte de la Mancha...."?

Muy estimado Sr. joewr,

El viejo costumbre español del lenguaje de colocar signos de interrogación y el exclamation señala en el principio y el final de una sentencia se ha caído. La agencia española que supervisa la pureza del lenguaje se siente que es innecesario.

Tu amigo,

El Medico Vikingo

Muy estimado Dr. Vikingo,

Yo se pero estudie Espanol cuando fui un joven (No deseo decir cuantos anos pasados!) y es dificil olvidar lo que he apprendido. Lo siento mucho.

Verdad que apprendi hablar antes de escriber porque mis amigos fueron "chicanos" y por eso a veces uso Espanol malo. ?A donde ha apprendido usted el idioma mas bonito que nada?

Josewr

some people seemed to have missed the point here!

you are going on a course (to LEARN Spanish) and want to dive at the same time.

so why post a return in Spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

the diving is good, check my site!

it can be a bit chilly sometimes so don't expect to wear a shortie, a 5mm or even 7mm full suit is advised.

plenty of wild life, but didn't see any sharks :(

enjoy yourself

Apreciados Sres DocVikingo y joewr:

Ha sido muy gratificante para nosotros poder leer algunas palabras en español en este foro.No se como lo han aprendido pero les felicitamos por ello.

Esperamos que el amigo furphy disfrute de las inmersiones en Canarias.Al mismo tiempo que intente aprender algo de Español.

Podeis ver algunas fotos de Canarias en nuestra www.josepclotas.com, esperamos que sean de su agrado.

Hi furphy:

We hope that you make good dives in Canarias becouse it a very nice place and in the same time you can learn spanish.

The dives in Canarias are good but different in every place, wich island you will go?.
When we go to dive there we always use a 5 mm. suit.

gemma & josep

Well the price is ok. as you Pay about 300€ for a OW Course here on the Island. But are you planning on getting some sleep as well. Because if you are going to spend 8 hours a day lernig spanish nad diving and on top of that reading you open water maual, it is not going to be a relaxing holliday is it. Why not learn spanish and diving seperatly. As for the diving side here om the Islan: Today we had a bit of a swell 20m+ vis 23° c at 35 metres.
If you are planning atrip to the Island. We have a divecenter over here and I can sort out accom as well. If you want spesific info on divesites and conditions drop me a line . but i will need to know where on the island you are going to stay because there are great differnces from south to north.
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom