TPII Single tanks diver question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those who dive with a dive rite TPII, with singles: did you remove the spine/sport/lumbar pad from the TP as dive reccommends for singles diving?

Thanks!
:confused:

I must of missed it. I didn't remove anything and it seems to work fine. I had to go back to the manual and look it up. I wonder why they recommend removing it.

Ty

Check out pg. 23 of the manual: "One final note: you will most likely find your transpac II works best with single cylinders if you remove the back (spine) pad."

A whole bunch of us the TP 2 with singles here and all us have the pads in. I also wonder why they rec taking out the pad?

I bought mine in July, and was fitted by the regional Dive Rite sales rep. TPII w/rec wings. Nothing said about removing the lumbar pad. In fact, I think that is one of the reasons it's so comfortable and fits so well. I usually wear with single ST 120's

There are two different Pads. One is a one piece spinepad/lumbar support. The other is a two piece , one piece is a spine pad the other is a lumbar support.

Removing the spine pad on the two piece (when diving singles) is what I think they are saying. Read the line under the drawing on this page

Mine has the sport pad (one piece) I have dived one with the two piece, I like it better. But when I ordered I didn't know it was an option.

Another good reason to check out the website and find out about all the options before ordering!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom