SMART from Swatch/Mercedes!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Just heard today that starting next year SMART cars will be available in the US!
another link

I had one for a short while before I left Germany. As a two seater it wasn't ideal with 2 kids - but for running errands and the demonstration work I did across the county it was great! 60MPG! and I "pushed" it to 80+mph......I had the convertible version - me thinks it'll be my next car...again :D
SMARTMEDICA.jpg

smart-crete.jpg

he he...hope you wore your scuba helmet.

justleesa:
Just heard today that starting next year SMART cars will be available in the US!

What's funny to see is how they park those things in Italy. Diagonally and perpendicular to the sidewalk is not uncommon. Those things are so tiny, they can squeeze into the smallest spots.

I wonder if the ones in the US will have the pop on/pop off panels?

Yeah, there were even parking spots designated for Smarts and you only had to pay HALF of the parking fee!

lol they're cute

they look like toys

And so fun to drive Andy! I remember driving down to Bavaria over the Autobahn and every Smart car I passed or was passed by waved and flashed their brights...like seeing a long lost brother or sister or something :wink:

Math time!

I drive about 8000 miles a year. With my current car I get +/- 16 mpg = +/- 500 Gallons at $3.20 a gallon = $1600 = over 5 years $8000

Smart = 8000miles / 69mpg = +/-116 Gallons $3.20 a gallon = $372 = over 5 years $1860

Over 5 years, if gas would stay the same, it would save me over $6000 = almost half paying for itself

just showed the cars to my wife, she loves them

but you know ... it worries me... i don't want her getting side-swiped by an SUV in that little car ... it just doesn't protect you enough

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom