NiTek Plus issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane

Contributor
Reaction score
I spoke with DiveRite on the phone about this a while back, perhaps it was Jordan but I don't remember...

I recently sent in my NiTek Plus to DiveRite (by way of Down Under Scuba in Raleigh, NC). I purchased it in late July (?) of last year and it worked great the few times I used it--I believe I had a total of 4 ocean dives on it.
The rest were pool dives at ncsu when I worked with the open water classes there. I used it as a normal watch and just never took it off when I got in the pool...

One morning I woke up and had all the altitude symbols flashing at me saying I was above ~20,000ft. Eventually those shut up after several weeks but now no matter what, it always refuses to read any kind of depth. The tempterature sensor seems to work ok and it goes into dive mode when it senses water, but it always reads 0ft no matter the depth. I'm assuming that the pressure sensor was eaten by chlorine in the pool?

Any ideas? Is this something that would be fixed (internally inside the watch with a new component) by DiveRite or would the just send me a whole new watch, or am I SOL...?

It's under a year old so you're in luck. I don't think there will be a fix possible so you'll end up getting a new computer. I don't know about whether or not the pool could've done it. Anyways, scrounge up a copy of your purchase receipt, give us a call at386.752.1087 or send me an email with all of your info and we'll issue you the RA number. We won't be open until Wednesday, so you'll have to wait. Well hell, if you'd like to get it in the mail on Monday, just send it in to my ATTN and send me the email... we'll figure it out.

Cheers

Ok I will attempt to get that information tomorrow. It's 2am right now and I just returned from a night dive in a quarry so I'm exhausted...thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! It's customer service like this that keeps customers returning for more! :)

Jordan--we've communicated a few times over PM and email--although with a zillion other things going on I understand if you don't remember! :)
Would you happen to have any update on my watch? Last I heard through your email, you sent the service department my email about the weird watch symptoms...

SparticleBrane:
Jordan--we've communicated a few times over PM and email--although with a zillion other things going on I understand if you don't remember! :)
Would you happen to have any update on my watch? Last I heard through your email, you sent the service department my email about the weird watch symptoms...

I had to search through our PM's to find your real name and then I ended up having to search through Down Under's documents because that's who it was sent in through. I did find it -- you got a brand spanking new computer and it actually should be there by now (UPS tracking # is: 1z3416720356639136).

-Jordan

I'll say it once and I'll say it again--DiveRite's products and service and both top notch.
That's why I bought an RG2500 + extra RG2010 2nd stage as my backup, Classic Wing + SS backplate, and that NiTek Plus. :D

Thanks so much Jordan, you guys are awesome!!

No prob Yo

Tell Zeb I said hi and give his cat Killer a little pet for me

Back
Top Bottom