Bound paper logbook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I make my own logs and mine has evolved to something similar. I just print pages, cut a cover from cardstock, and sew the whole thing down the middle like a book. Doesn't rust like alot of the purchased ones which are stapled. (It's a little tricky getting the center lined up when you're printing 2 sided pages and extending an entry across different sheets like that, but not too bad. If you're not looking for super fancy and know someone who sews it's an option.

My recommendation is to make up your own in Word or whatever, print it out, and take it to Kinkos to have it spiral-, comb-, or velo-bound. Perfect custom logbooks!

CompuDude:
My recommendation is to make up your own in Word or whatever, print it out, and take it to Kinkos to have it spiral-, comb-, or velo-bound. Perfect custom logbooks!

Exactly what I did. I now have a log books that covers every type of diving that I've ever done. Now I just gotta start using them...

I've done a little variation on this. I've made my own pages to fit my needs. I print them off half size and use a 8X5 3 ring binder. I move the pages to another binder as my log book gets full, that way I always have my most recent 100 or so dives with me in my log book, if I ever need to show proof.
I'm actually thinking about making a couple of different templates (one for instructing, one for doing wrecks where I have spaces for the description of the boat, etc).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom