Tech Dive Coputer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyrell

Reaction score
Hello All

I’m looking to purchase a new dive computer for technical dive.
Currently im using a Zeagle Status 2 with 2 gas mixes and its doing a great job for several years..
Since i know more then a few people that their computer stopped working, an according to what i understand from Zeagle they stopped manufacturing this type, I would like to back the computer up.
The new one im looking for is needed to be a decompression computer with to mixes. I’m not using a dive computer for TriMix dives but if i can come up with a computer in a reasonable price, i will consider it.

Ill be happy to hear recommendations and suggestions regarding deco computers.

regards

mark

=-)

I prefer the dive computer between my ears(using decoplan tables) using a bottom timer on my wrist. Easily programmed......Safe diving

I'm sure most people who Tek dive will tell you, dont waste your money on a computer. You should be using a bottom timer and tables with a back up/bail out set in your pocket. Spend your money on good quality training, its not the gear that makes the diver its the training.

Not being a techy yet at all, i've been curious about this myself. Whats the point of those computers if techies aren't using them? My assumption is that once you get to that stage, you'd be made wise to the fact that most other techies aren't using them. Or are there techies that are? Or are there computers where you plan the dive and download that plan into the computer so that it can help guide your dive? These are the questions....

steve

Computers rot your brain... and rather than letting your brain rot now and at some point in the future decide to get into tech diving and actually need to use your brain... perhaps you might want to forego using a computer now and exercise your brain to make it strong and fit. :D

Of course the other alternative is to become hopelessly dependent upon computers for all diving and trust your life to a computer on a deco dive.... there are those who have no other option at this stage of neural necrosis... a mind is such a terrible thing to waste :(

I never quite understood why computer generated tables were better than computer generated tables as a backup to onthefly dive computer generated tables.

A question I intend to ask in my DIRF in a few weeks.

I did a 190 ft dive the other day using tables generated from Dplan. I took along my good old trusty Aladin Pro for shi## and giggles. Completed a 20 minute dive with the 38 minute deco the tables called for and gee had 53 minutes of deco left on the computer when I got out of the water.....man that computer makes alot of noise when you bend it:):)..... Just to add the computer was air only and I was using mix and 50/50 and O2 it's always fun to fool the computer.......oh yeah I was also using a bottom timer. Computers have a bad habit of dying on me:(

Waterlover once bubbled...
I did a 190 ft dive Completed a 20 minute dive with the 38 minute deco I was using mix and 50/50 and O2

Wondered why you choose to run both a o2 and 70ft bottle on a dive of this nature (I took the liberty of assuming your bottom mix was ~18/35)? If open ocean why not look at running only the 70ft bottle and thereby eliminating both an extra bottle and a PPo2 spike at the end of the dive. Same dive can be done with 70 ft bottle alone with a couple extra minutes deco. 39min deco/ascent. That being said, having an o2 bottle onboard is always a plus.

Hi guys
Thanks for all the answer but....

I am using a table and a bottom timer to plan my dive. The Tables are inside my laptop therefore im using a computer to make the dive plans.

I also take a wrist coputer to back myself up.

Im sorry but i see no difference between planning a dive with a computer and diving with one.

Fifteen years ago nobody used computers for diving, today everybodey does, this will happen also in the Tech diving , its just a matter of time, this is the progress we r living in.

b.t.w
the new PADI TechRec course demands a computer for tech diving.

mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom