How much would you pay to dive here????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We are looking at a new dive operation here in Alaska. So here is the plan. From Scenic Homer Alaska, halibut capitol of the world, you catch a water taxi ride to beautiful Sadie cove and a world class resort. This is a roadless area backed by the kenai mtns and the Harding ice field wilderness area. You do 2/3 dives then spend the rest of your day exploring Kachemak bay by kayak or tour boat. You spend the night at the lodge while enjoying fantastic food and scenery. The next day you do two or three more dives, lunch then back to the mainland.
Dive highlights would include wolf fish, anemones(sp) starfish, rock fish and 70 pound octos as well as the biggest halibut you will ever see. Spearfishing would also be available.
Rental gear would be available as would OW, AOW and dry suit certs.
The boat ride, food and lodging run about 300-350 for two.
Would you pay $600 for a package? If not how much?
We were kicking this around today and I was wondering if it was doable????
Let me know what you think. Thanks!

It sounds like some pretty neat diving and a fun couple of days but not sure if I would consider $600 as an option. I sort of compare everything to a cruise. I can go on a 4 or 5 night cruise for less than 600 including all meals.

Brent

Wildcard, this isn't a half bad idea. You should cater to more sports though. I know that sportfishing is a good seller in some of the Alaska areas. Why not some hunting as well?

As for package price, how long are we talking about, this trip would be illogical for someone like me as it is alot of travelling for one night.

With about 4 or 5 other options, 3 tanks diving a day, full room and board, with double occupancy I could see myself considering it for anywhere between $1,500 and $2,500 per week. I don't know if this is a practical price range just thinking out loud.

This would be a couple of days in a week or multi week trip. The guys Im working with have everything going already, ya name it,they are into it. Fishing, hunting, sightseeing, remote resorts...Let me try the question again...
If you were coming here already and this was an option, how much and would you do it?????

Wildcard:
This would be a couple of days in a week or multi week trip. The guys Im working with have everything going already, ya name it,they are into it. Fishing, hunting, sightseeing, remote resorts...Let me try the question again...
If you were coming here already and this was an option, how much and would you do it?????

I am sorry dude, cannot give you a reasonable answer for that. I am not your typical traveller in a case like this. There would be no reason for me to consider a short trip in that region so I wouldn't really be able to tell you what I think would be a good price.

But I can tell you I would consider this an option for a week or longer, and if the reputation of the place was good enough (can they get me to the fish, drop me on the good dives,etc) I wouldn't see a problem for you to get people to pay around $1,500 for a week, all inclusive. But once again I am just thinking aloud, I have no idea what the competitions' prices are, and in that game I am sure there is at least some competition.

But to be quite honest, I am trying to be helpful by answering and everything but I am just not sure my answers are good ones.

These guys did catch the derby winning halibut two years ago.
This would have to be in conjunction with another trip, that is not a diving only trip but that could be arranged also. We were just kicking this around to see if it's a viable idea.
If you were here anyway, how much would pay to do a trip like this?

Sounds like a great idea! I don't think I would spend $600 for the trip but I don't know the resort either. Meals included I would go for something around 3-4. You would have to spoil me for 6.

Dude! I am so there. This sounds great. I figured, the drive from Spokane can be too far - so I did a mapquest: LINK

If I head out today, I might get there by the time you get things up and running. :D

Seriously, it sounds like a good package, just a little short by the time someone goes to the trouble/expense to get there.

Another selling point is, if the current is running and you get blown off the site, you can surface in Russia.

I would be willing to pay $2501 for a week of diving up there. Bonus for fishing but diving is what most of the People do on this website. I've been to Alaska for diving before (work and a little play) but as a destination, Alaska would top my list to go to. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom