Les Escoumins diving advise!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avalanchediver

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I saw the thread on Les Escoumins Quebec. Looks like something I might want to try. Would October be a good time to go? How far is it from Port Huron/Sarnia? Are there Wales there all year? Where is the best place to stay? Any other info is welcome.

Thanks,

Eric P.

I loved Les Escoumins but it was a 8-9 hour drive from Ottawa.
It's about 3 hours east of Quebec City. A beautiful drive but long.
We stayed at a really nice bed and breakfast on rue d'eglise (easily identifiable by the large church) called Manoir Bellevue phone # (418)233-3325. Only call them if you speak french. I tried and there was'nt anyone that spoke english. However, the food was great and we were comfortable.
I would'nt go in October as I dive wet and the water temperature is cold and the air temp. would be cold also.
We took a whale watching zodiac out looking for whales. We did see a few but actually we saw just as many or more from shore. One day while doing a surface interval we saw a whale pass within 100 - 150 feet of the shore - very awe-inspiring to watch this huge animal gliding by.
It is definitely worth the drive to Les Escoumins but I would plan to go in August - early September at the latest. But I don't like being too cold!!!
Good Luck and enjoy!! Barb

The whales summer in the St Lawrence and head south for the winter. Some Beluga whales winter in the st Lawrence.

Mike D

It's 11 hours from Toronto, plus another 5 hours to Sarnia.

Plan a full day travelling each way.

Mike D
:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom