Urgent - Help on linkingTransmitter in Atom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matsya

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I tried the Atom today on a cylinder. In DC Surface Mode when I pressed the 'S' Button for 2 seconds I got the 'bAtt Good" display for both the wrist unit and the transmitter (Transmitter 1). The wrist unit also displayed the correct pressure of the cylinder. Now for the issues:

The settings are:

Set Mode D - Recr - ON

Set Mode U - TID1 - ON.
I have set the TID1 ID Number to the Serial No. of the transmitter (which was the default setting) TID2 & TID3 are 'OFF'

The link symbol (the alarm symbol in watch mode) did not come on at all.

After I removed the regulator from the cylinder when I press the 'S" Button for 2 seconds I get 'bAtt Good' for the Atom but 'not AvAiL' for the transmitter. Is this OK? Logically shouldn't the transmitter be detected but with zero pressure?

The manual says, (when in Surface Mode) pressing and releasing the A button repeatedly (< 2 seconds each time) will step through the Dive Surface Sequence of modes (SURFACE > PLAN > FLY > SAT > LOG > HISTORY). When I do this the computer switches only between 'PLAN' and 'SEA'.

I have not yet dived with the computer

WIll be grateful for any quick responses as I plan on diving with the computer on Wednesday here in Oman.

ramsabi:
The link symbol (the alarm symbol in watch mode) did not come on at all.

IIRC, that symbol only appears when you are diving/underwater.

ramsabi:
After I removed the regulator from the cylinder when I press the 'S" Button for 2 seconds I get 'bAtt Good' for the Atom but 'not AvAiL' for the transmitter. Is this OK?

It is ok. If the first stage (with transmitter attached) is not pressurized, the Atom won't be able to "detect" it.

ramsabi:
The manual says, (when in Surface Mode) pressing and releasing the A button repeatedly (< 2 seconds each time) will step through the Dive Surface Sequence of modes (SURFACE > PLAN > FLY > SAT > LOG > HISTORY). When I do this the computer switches only between 'PLAN' and 'SEA'.

If you have not yet dived with the computer, it will not have any SURFACE, SAT, LOG or HISTORY info to show you...

After doing a dive or a series of dives, the LOG and HISTORY page will remain in the memory and can be "called up" but the FLY and SAT page will disappear after the computer has deemed that you are "clear."

Thanks so much Vie for the quick response. But the critial issue is -

Even though the unit read the Tank pressure from the cylinder THE LINK ICON DID NOT COME ON AT ALL

Any Suggestions?

ramsabi:

Even though the unit read the Tank pressure from the cylinder THE LINK ICON DID NOT COME ON AT ALL

Any Suggestions?

IIRC, that symbol (the link icon) only appears when you are diving/underwater...

ramsabi:

Any Suggestions?

As Vie already said, that icon will only be on when underwater - do not look for it otherwise. The only way to check the link/pressure is with the method you already done (and remember to pressurize the tank otherwise you will get the not available message from the transmitter as it only turns on to transmit when it's pressurized)

Back
Top Bottom