Adjusting a Tusa Duo Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Please save the air2 vs octo argument for another thread.

First off let me say I realize that an octo should not breath as well as a primary but from what I've read mine should be breathing better than it does. I can get all the air on it I need, but it is certainly no fun to breath off of. What I'd like to know is if there is a simple way of adjusting it that would be safe for me to do myself without taking it to a LDS. Thoughts?

Yes, it is fairly easy to adjust. Use a 3/16th allen wrench thru the LP connector to turn the brass orifice. With a flashlight, you should be able to see the orifice about 1.5 inches in from the end of the LP connector. TUSA may actually use 5mm but the 3/16 is 4.7mm and will work. Depress the purge button and turn the orifice no more the 30 degrees (1/12th turn) at a time. Turning the orifice without depressing the purge button may cut the LP seat. Turning the orifice counter-clockwise makes it easier to breath -- clockwise makes it harder. I would expect 1/12th turn will fix you right up and another 1/12th should get it free flowing a bit. I would not expect it to take any more adjustment than that.

The lever height is also adjustable on that but the final cracking pressure adjustment should be done with the orifice. If it is not FF or breathing easy within 2 adjustments, I'd suggest a trip to the shop as both adjustments may need to be relooked

Exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom