diving in Gulf Shores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabrn

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
has anyone dove in Gulf Shores , Al.? Im looking for some alternatives to the Keys. I undertstand NC is good but rough seas. We have dove PCB, our trip had low viz which I understand changes from day to day there.

save yourself a couple of hours and stop at West Palm Beach for some of the best diving in all of Florida. 100+ VIZ is not unheard of and reefs are completely infested with critters - add to that it's drift diving and yes, you might just be in heaven... save a few more hours and spend a weekend in Cave country like Ginnie Springs and Manatee Springs and such. Don't waste your time on West Coast of Florida unless you're a spear0 - just my $0.02

Gulf Shores is good but the vis is quite qestionable. Dpends alot on the weather and the way the tides are running for the day. Right now the vis is excellant. If you want to dive the northern Gulf you have to see the Oriskany that is a must. Dive Charters are running everyday out of Pensacola and Gulf Shores dive shops. Gulf Shores has a couple of shore dives that are fun in about 17 to 20 feet of water.

when looking for an alternative to the keys, I wouldn't really consider Gulf Shores an alternative even those folks do dive there. It's just not the same diving as the 'tropical keys'.

If you are looking for comparable diving north of the keys, try West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom