Pearl Lake IL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhelmy

Reaction score
It is starting to lose the summer heat in Illinois. I will be heading off to Pearl Lake tomorrow morning. If you have any information about the place, I will be checking my mail before I leave. I will write back about the place. I will be working on my bouancy using 28 lbs of lead.

I really liked pearl lake. So far this was the best dive spot in the midwest that I have visited. The viz was about 10 to 20 ft and the thermocline was at 32'.

Any other spots in the Chicago area that is within 4 hour drive time. So far I have been to Haugh, Pearl, Logansport and Lake Michigan.

The vis is rarely that good this late in the season. I last dove Pearl Lake in July and the vis was at most 10'. Average vis was 5'. The thermcline was sitting at 20'-25'. It might be lower now that it is later in the season and the lake has had more time to warm up. I haven't dove Haigh or Lake Michigan yet. I am off to Haigh this weekend. Let me know what your thoughts are on it.

Have you tried the Branden Road quarry in Joliet? My wife is doing her OW dive there next week and I'm going to tag along. I did Pearl Lake about 20 years ago. Is the airplane still there?

located in Illinois? What depths and features does it have?

Back
Top Bottom