Dive Haven Georgia!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to see their website up and running! I had planned to dive there twice over the weekend but an untimely ear drum infection kept me out of the water. But I’ll be up there as soon as I can…

Yes, it is good to see it up and working !!!

Their newest dive platform is fantastic!!!

The Lake Lanier Looney Birds had our July "Dine-n-Dive" at Dive Haven and were really impressed with the progress they're making.

I know it's a work in process, but I can't wait to see what the place will be next year this time.

Keep up the great work, guys and gals !!!!!

The Kraken

Temps are pretty seasonal at shallower depths, high 70's to low 80's above 20'.

Ya hit 20' and you will certainly notice the thermocline - temps drop to about 55 degrees.

I haven't made it below 75' yet, but the 50's seem to pervade the mid-depth ranges.

A couple of the others on the board may be able to give you some temps in the 100' range.

the K

Around June 10th, the temperature at about 100 feet (107 max) was a balmy 47 degrees. The water really clears up at 65 to 70 feet (15 feet visibility). However, there is enough suspended silt above you to block out the light pretty well. You definitely need a light to see any of the rock structure around 90 to 100 ft. I've heard that it gets really dark if you drop below 110 ft (Cold - dark - low visibility - Not for the faint of heart).

Greg

On July 1st I was at 118 ft. It was dark as night and 50 degrees. Still, good to get in the water and blow bubbles!

Not trying to put a damper on anything but last Sat. 7/8/06 I was at Diveland in Alabama. Just a couple of hours from Atlanta. Visibility was about 35'-50'.
It was pretty cold at 110'...49F!

Diveland was the clearest quarry I have EVER dove in.

Jeremy

Diveland? I thought Diveland closed... Are you talking about Blue Water, in Pelham Al.?

BKP:
Diveland? I thought Diveland closed... Are you talking about Blue Water, in Pelham Al.?

Diveland is open. But it's for sale. $910,000 if you've got that much spare change in your couch under the cushions.

Bluewater is open also. It sold to someone else a year or few back though.

Rock Divers in Madison (near Huntsville) closed at the end of summer last year. That's prob what you are thinking about. The city traded it to the water board, who is allowing diving this summer through local dive shops. http://www.sdiscuba.com is currently the only shop set up with them right now. They've only been re-opened (as Aqualine Aquatic Park) for a couple weekends.

BTW.. since we're naming quarries in Alabama, there's also a dive quarry open in Moulton AL.

Mike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom