Atomic B2 vs Z2 vs Oceanic Delta 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfCoastdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to up grade to one of this 3 regs but, not sure which one to go with, I have now 2 Dacor eagle (for sale, by the way) a Z1 (soon to be for sale) and my wife has a Z2. I just got 2 HP 120s with a din valve so I am looking to up grade to a din first stage and I sure all 3 can come in the din setup. I am not sure what the difference is between the Oceanic Delta 4 and the Atomics other than the DVT, which is not important to me, and the sealed 1st stage with the B2, also not important to me. So would anyone like to add thier 2 cents and help me out alittle bite here? :confused:

I have a Z2 and it's great. A dive buddy has the B2. It's great. Very similar performance. No experience w/ the Oceanic or Zeagle regs. See if there is someplace you can rent them or buddies you can borrow from for a test drive.

I'd buy the Atomic B2 over the Oceanic but I'm very partial to Atomic Regs. Oceanic makes good requlators but in my opinion the Atomic performs better.

PS: you don't need to by a new reg to upgrade to DIN. You should be able to convert you existing req to DIN.

Scottri:
I'd buy the Atomic B2 over the Oceanic but I'm very partial to Atomic Regs. Oceanic makes good requlators but in my opinion the Atomic performs better.

PS: you don't need to by a new reg to upgrade to DIN. You should be able to convert you existing req to DIN.

I did see a kit online for the din fix.
Now I've been looking at the Apexs tungsten ATX200, the trouble I have with the Atomic is getting it serviced, I really like the B2 but, only one dealer around here and service is slow...

Well, you only have to have Atomic regs serviced once every two years or 200 dives. The main difference between the Z2/B2 is that the B2 has a Titanium Second stage. The Z2 has Zirconium... The Oceanic is a good reg, but I like the Atomic for the long term....

I think you will love the Legend. It's a great reg. I know several people that use them and I've never heard a complaint. Congrats!

Glad you got it figured out. For those who might look at this later, I have both the B2 as primary and have the Z2 as my backup. Can't tell the difference in performance between the 2 and love both of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom