Oceanpro Waist Buckle/Clips - Replacements?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheTrickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post so be gentle :wink: lol

Does anyone know where to get hold a set of waist buckles (I haven't got it here, but I'm sure they are 38mm wide) for an OceanPro? I'm a real odd size (short and fat - perhaps not that odd then) and I'm finding with a 5mm one piece and a 2mm shorty my bcd waist buckle hasn't got much spare give when the bcd is fully inflated, so I'm thinking of making a bridge with say 2 inches of nylon, just so I have a bit of spare room. So the buckles need to be exactly the same ones as used on the OceanPro.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Rich

Your Oceanic dealer can order the parts, I see you are in Spain so it may not be a super quick process.

My concern, sight unseen is more that the vest provides enough lift if it doesn't fit.

Thanks for the info. I'm within the weight range of the jacket (just an odd shape!), so its got enough lift :D

Rich

Well I've been having a hunt around today and have come up with the following:

The Buckles are made by a 'Woo Jin-Duraflex' in Korea. Which I believe are a subsidurary of 'National Molding' They are '38mm Side Squeeze Dual Adjustable' however I'm unsure if they are the same as the 'Stealth' ones on the National Moldings site:

http://www.natlmold.com/stealth.html#DASide

I talked to the local distributor of National Molding products here, but they told me that Woo-Jin produces might be different to National Molding products, however they only deal with National Molding products and not Woo Jin, so could recommend I purchase the National ones, just in case they are slightly different :-(

Anybody from Oceanic have any ideas?

Rich

Back
Top Bottom