New Dive Rite Transpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
I just receive my new TP2 and thought I would share my opinion about it. When I took it out of the box it looked kinda skimpy, like it was missing something. So trying to be optimistic I set everything up, put the weight pockets on, adjusted the straps etc. Still it didn't look right. As soon as I put it on my back it was the absolute most uncomfortable thing I ever felt. AND I put it on with no weights, or tanks. I thought maybe I had ordered the wrong size but after measuring from shoulder to waist (more than once to make sure I was doing it right), I realized that I had the right size. I had a fried who dives a BP/Wings try and help me set it up properly to no avail. When adjusted to the proper height on my back and waist the tanks were soooo far from the top of my shoulders and it was really really uncomfortable. It sat on my back at such a weird angle. Now I know alot of people use the TP2, and I'm not saying it's bad but it's just DEFINITLY not for me... IMHO... By the way I'm having a frined help me set up a Halcyon rig this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom