What deco software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ari

Reaction score
Yes, I know this was discussed before but what is your favorite Deco Software?

I downloaded GAP, which looks and works very nice and is free. What is YOUR favorite?

Ari :)

Im using the abbyss dive planner 2.17
works fine aldough there is a newer version with RDBMS

mark

Currently, I am using DPlan (GUE) on a Handspring Prism. I like it a lot. For the majority of the dives I do (and probably will ever do) it is great! It is easy to use (especially on a boat) and displays a table that I copy onto my wrist slate. It does not compute travel gasses, but if I really want that, I use DecoPlanner (GUE).

Robert :doctor:

I stick with GAP, used Migplan before that. For the trip I take Decoweenie for those special "oops, we're going here instead" occasions.

I have posted this before but can not get an answer from anyone
Is anyone using Voyager???

I am trying the trial of the Voyager program and have a question on repetitive Dives

I think I am doing it correct for a repetitive dive in that I am entering the first dive and then saving it. I then plan the second dive ,enter the surface interval and then click on the browse button and add the saved file from the first dive. It then shows in red as a repetitive dive.

Assuming that the above is correct how do i do a third dive
Do I just plan the third dive and add the saved file from Dive #2(which is already repetitive) and enter the surface interval between Dive 2 and 3 or do I have to enter both Dive 1 and 2

Thanks Doug

I use Voyager and Pro Planner.

they both have advantages and disadvantages, but i use them together and it works out

anybody hear of people getting bent using V planner, I everybody I know who has had signs of DCS have been using V Planner

From what I gather reading the V-planner site, the ones getting bent are using nominal conservatism and maybe doing some things wrong. If you haven't yet check out the site (in yahoo groups).

I am currently using Dplan. I also have gap, V-planner and Voyager. Voyager is a great piece of software but it doesn't use deep stops. I prabably like V-planner the best but carrying a pal pilot seemed to meke more sense than a lap top.

Doug Mathieson, At lunch I'll take a look at yoyager or bring the book back to work with me. I don't remember the exact key strokes but I don't remember it being hard either. But...I read the book before messing with it. If you are using the free trial version I realize that you don't have the book.

I use 4 packages, Deco Planner (PC), V-Planner (PC), D-Plan (Palm), and Decoweenie (Palm). Each has advantages but I think the most versatile is Decoweenie as it has selectable algorythm.

Since most of my buddies are GUE trained we usually end up diving Deco Planner or D-Plan.

As far as getting out of the water fastest, generally V-Planner (VPM) will do it. I've done a few fairly aggressive dives with it and haven't had any problems.

I've never tried Voyager or Abyss. I think my VR3 uses a version of ProPlanner though (it's my backup). I don't like GAP as its interface is tricky for me.

Tom

V-Planner has treated me very well for a couple years now. I use it to get an idea of what to do, then add in my own conservative factors into my plan. It's easy to use, it's profiles "look right", and it's cheap. Even on air dives, I come out feeling good. I recommend it.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom