Zeagle-LDS ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7milehi

Contributor
Reaction score
A LDS and a couple of semi-LDS that are all authorized Zeagle dealers never seem to push the Zeagle regulators. I was interested in the Flathead VI but all 3 shops tried to sell me another brand. None had anything bad to say about the Zeagle regs but they just seemed to push other brands. To the best of my knowledge everything I've read about the Zeagle regulators have been very positive so why do DS's try to push other brands? Is the profit margin smaller, less dealer incentives, or something else the reason they don't push the Zeagle regs ?

Odds are that they have to move a certain amt of inventory every year for other brands they carry, so they don't stock Zeagle & push the other stuff. Possibly they simply know the other lines they have better & feel more comfortable selling it for that reason as well.

my lds is that way,i see no zeagle regs in the shop,but his personal reg is a zeagle.he does have zeagle bcs hanging on the wall though.

Ron Brandt:
Strange...I will soon be stocking Oxycheq reg's that are the same as the Zeagle's except for the logo, and yes...I will dive one!

I will bet the lds is trying to move some stock and I can't blame him (much) for doing that.
Ron

Interesting...as I understand it Zeagle builds their own regs in house now (ever since Aqualung became the US Apeks distributor...(Zeagle was offered the option to buy Apeks when Apeks decided to sell, but Zeagle declined for logisitical reasons) ). Ron, are you saying Zeagle will be selling their regs to Oxycheq to brand as their own?

MudDog:
Interesting...as I understand it Zeagle builds their own regs in house now (ever since Aqualung became the US Apeks distributor...(Zeagle was offered the option to buy Apeks when Apeks decided to sell, but Zeagle declined for logisitical reasons) ). Ron, are you saying Zeagle will be selling their regs to Oxycheq to brand as their own?

Good chance Scott puts on is own yoke screw on or something (as do many others) to say they are Amierican made. This reg is really an ******2000 with their own branding and a nice black anodized finish(nice job Scott for asking for this)...and no Scott does not sell to Oxycheq.

Apex also places thier name on this reg(I 'm sure).

Aqualung has a big butget and one to bully as well.(check out a thread on here)...Aqualung in my store...not an FN chance. Now that I think about it I used an Aqualung BC on my first check out dive and it fell appart....for whatever reasiion I held on to that Sea Otter.

For you machinests out there (and I have access to machinests and a shop) tell everyone what the costs would be..including the needels and seats to set up tooling for this, as well as production costs.

Ron

Ron, I've been to the Zeagle factory. I've watched them building regs. You're wrong. Talk to them if you have any questions regarding their products. They are extremely approachable folks.

Ron -

I don't know where you get your information, but can I sell you this bridge I have heard about in Brooklyn? Cash only, please. :eyebrow:

Seriously, I don't know anything about Oxycheq regs, but I can assure you that they are not the same as a Zeagle reg!!!

Scott

My only problem in selling zeagle regs, is at times over the last few months... we've run out. I was glad to hit the shop the other day and see that cases of them had shown up. If someone is looking for a diaphragm reg, with great customer support, and easy breathing second stages - the Zeagle line is normally where I turn.

And Scott... This bridge... How much?? And can you give me 90 day terms??:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom