Oceanlog 2.1.0 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I downloaded the new (6/30/06) Oceanlog 2.1.0 this morning and really like the new features it offers. However, it won't let me do anything with the tank data it imported from my old Oceanlog software. For instance, I can't say what size tank, etc. was used to get the SAC rate. Is there something I'm missing or can you only do that when you import fresh data from the computer?

Divemaven,

It worked OK with my VT Pro, but when I downloaded the dive data from my wife's Pro Plus 2 it did exactly as you describe.

What type of computer are you diving?

the K

Pro Plus 2....figures. Wonder if that feature only works for the VT Pro. That would stink.

Yep, I think they should do a beta test with divers and the real world.

I can see some programming geek chaning one line of code and saying, "OK, it's fixed. Distribute it!"

the K

Another thing I noticed is that prior surface interval is not being calculated properly. In most cases it comes up as 1 minute. The start and end times for the dives are listed properly, so it's just a calculation error.

Doug, Chris, I agree with The Kraken, you need some beta testers. If you're looking for volunteers, this board is a good place to start.

There is obviously room for improvement here - the good news is that we're up for the challenge. As for beta testers, I agree - and by default you're all invited to participate. I'll continue to gather comments from this thread, work them into the next release and let you all know when you can download the patch.

Thanks as always for voicing your thoughts and giving us an opportunity to make it right.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom