Florida..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGoat

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I finally got some vacation time and I'm going to Florida =) I will be in Pompano Beach for some wreck dives most of the trip but I would like to drive down to the keys and do some shore dives as well. Can anybody help me with a really good site as I will probaly only have one day to dive down there?

There really aren't any shore dives in the keys. You will need to hook up with a charter company. Go look around in the Florida Chonch Divers section and you will find some good ideas. There are so many good dives in the Key Largo area.

If you want to shore dive, head over to Ft. Lauderdale. I just did some dives there last month and it was great. Commercial Blvd area and Dania Beach were 2 great sites with the reef really close to shore.

Deerfield Beach is a good dive as well. You have to dive the very South end of the beach, though. No diving allowed in the other areas.

I planned on doing Deerfield my first day there because its so close to where I'm staying, thanks for the heads up on the South end. This will be my second trip over there and I'm looking at charters in the keys anyone you would recomend?

We dove with Blue Water Divers. Small boat, but what I like about them is they will go to whereever the 1st diver to book wants to go. So if no one else has booked the time you want, you choose the destination. Some advice - avoid the weekends and avoid the weekday morning trips. If you can, book a weekday afternoon trip. You're more likely to be the only boat at the site that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom