Aqua Lung "Breathe Free" deception?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UGA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aqualung has this deal going on right now, as most of you know, where you get an "octopus" free with the purchase of a regulator setup.

Have any of you seen AL dealers not honoring this deal, or concealing it, or altering the deal to offer an inferior backup ("octopus") regulator than what is supposed to be offered?

Not here - my LDS, while selling other brands as well, personally dives and promotes AL. I got my free octo without even mentioning it. I certainly hope what you say isn't widespread....

UGA:
Aqualung has this deal going on right now, as most of you know, where you get an "octopus" free with the purchase of a regulator setup.

Have any of you seen AL dealers not honoring this deal, or concealing it, or altering the deal to offer an inferior backup ("octopus") regulator than what is supposed to be offered?

I can't blame the LDS for not honoring it. From what I've been told, Aqualung makes the LDS shoulder part of the cost of this. Initially the LDS has to shoulder the entire cost and only gets re-embursed via a dealer rebate program. Therefore it's prob not a requirement that all LDS's participate in this Aqualung program.

This isn't the first time that Aqualung has tried to pull a fast one. They advertise "free parts for life" but in reality you can only get free parts "every other year". If you need them yearly for service, they state you have to pay for that.

They also state although they offer the "free parts for life" warranty, that not all parts are inluded in what they advertise.

Yet also, to add to it, not all dealers are required to give you "free parts for life" if the dealer doesn't want to. Again, the dealership shoulders some of this cost as they have to purchase the parts up front and then deal with trying to get them re-embursed later.

Though Aqualung makes good products, they are not a good corporation to deal with. Be leary of what they advertise because their promotions are not always what they seem.

I did take advantage of this deal to get a reg for my daughter. At the LDS I was told that they have to buy a certain amount of regs from AL before they will be re-embursed later for the octos. This puts the risk on the shop and not on AL although if the sell the regs they do get their money back on the octos.

The LDS was very good about the Octo deal with us. No problem at all.

I just got a new legend, and of the two shops i looked at one couldn't honor it because I wanted a din. The other had no problem and actually was more than happy to make sure I knew that I was entitled to the Legend Octo for free.

I work for a dive shop that takes part in this program. If the dive shop doesnt have the matching octo in stock, they can offer an inferior regulator, or they have to transfer or special order one in. Because sport chalet is incorporated, we have to follow these rules word by word.

If a dive shop doesnt honor the deal, call aqualung and they will right it out.

I bought a pair of ACD Legend LX Supremes in May. Got free matching Legend octos for both of them through my LDS. I knew ahead of time about the offer, but they mentioned it right away also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom