uwatec aladdin air problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought an aladdin air in 3/01. It has worked great until this week. I noticed it has an "Err" message on the screen. I put it in my pool and the "Err" message went off but the screen was completely blank. After I got out of the pool the "Err" message came back. My brother has the same unit and it is doing the same thing. I bought mine new from a dive shop. My brother got his from E-bay at half the cost. Any idea what the "Err" means. I cannot find anything in the manual. I have about 100 dives on it, I also have had to replace 3 high pressure hoses. They are pretty expensive and should last longer.

Sounds like your battery needs to be replaced. What was the last battery reading you remember? Same thing happened to mine. I bought it in 2001 as well.

Yep, it needs to be sent in as I recall to get the battery replaced. If it is the model I am thinking it is it is esentially the same as the Mares Genius, it is a flat, rectangular wrist computer right? If so, it has an internal bellows type rubber closure that contains silicon oil. The silicon oil surronds the electronics, battery and sensors. It is impossible to change the battery at home.

It will run about $90 bucks to change it out, send in the transmitter units as well and they will replace their batteries along with the units.

Mike

Take it in to a Scubapro dealer. I believe this is the computer that they won't fix but will give you a big credit towards a new one. I dealt with this with a customer last year. I believe they'll give you a $500 credit towards purchase of new computer, but only a specific model. Your dealer can find out for you.

last time I checked the vatt level, it was 83%. Iv'e heard that these batteries will give 100% until they reach a point where they just die, not gradually like a normal battery does.

A five hundred dollar credit is good, but I paid over eigth hundred for this. This would equate to about a hundred dollars for each 12 dives. Plus Iv'e had to replace 3 high pressure hoses at about 125.00 each. Because the hoses are specifically made for this unit, you can't buy any high pressure hose and hook it up. It has to be bought from a store that sells scubapro products.

Ah, I thought you were referring to the Aladdin Sport (I have the Aladdin Pro). Not sure about your model. My battery went out when the reading was 39% but it was 5 years old.

Unfortunatly everyone I have ever talked to about Uwatec says the same thing, the customer service is horrible and the batteries are very expensive to replace. I had an Aladdin but switched to an Oceanic because of the Customer service issues and the fact that my new one I can change the batteries. Sorry to hear about your computer. Hopefully you will have more luck resolving your issue than I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom