Service Tech Class at DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MsParamedic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have tried to get into a service tech class in FLorida this year THREE times, with VERY poor support from Oceanic.

The first one was cancelled--supposedly due to lack of interest--I found out later the reps went to the Bahamas with some of their big buyers

For the second, I was referred to another Florida rep and was quaranteed I would hear from him in 4-6 weeks (He even had me buy an EXPENSIVE book for the class). That was 4 months ago--guess what? I can't even get an answer from him on EMail or from Corporate.

For the third, the local rep PROMISED one in a couple of weeks---that was 2 months ago.

For each of these I was going to have to drive 3-8 hours, so Im not asking for personalized service!

Please Oceanic--is there EVER going to be a service tech class????

Pat

First, let me extend my apologies for your interest in our service tech training program not being handled better. We will be offering the program at DEMA - we're finalizing the schedule now and should have more details out to dealers this month.

What about those of us who cannot make it to DEMA. I was told that our rep was putting something together for spring of this year. That was before thanksgiving and have heard nothing since.

Hi Jim,

We typically run half a dozen factory programs throughout the year, including DEMA. Other programs are put together by our regional managers/reps as requested. We have had a few reps come and go in your territory recently, which should be rectified very soon. Once on board, the new rep will hit the ground running and should be able to put a seminar together in your area before or soon after DEMA.

Thanks Doug! I love my oceanic gear. In fact will be calling to get perhaps two more regs and some other items this week when the other Jim sees what he needs. Even though I'm starting into the tech stuff and BPW diving I see no reason to not stay with you guys for my air supply.

Unless you happen to decide on a name for the new reg and I get one of them for free.

And I'll stop using my probe for ow classes and pool sessions when I'm dead! Over 120 dives and close to 150 hours in the pool and it still looks for the most part like new and performs better since it's now broke in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom