http://www.diveheart.org/

Tunes 4 the Troops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kittyjg

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A Sea Cadet in TN started a grassroots program to send entertainment to the service members overseas. She had the opportunity to talk to service members about their deployment experiences while she was at USNSCC recruit training. They kept telling her that "they were desperate for entertainment and what little they did have they had seen or heard so many times that they were tired of it." She thought of all of the CDs she didn't listen to anymore and asked friends and family for theirs. To date, over 6,000 CDs and DVDs have been collected and distributed. The Sea Cadet in TN receives 2-3 requests a day from overseas

This cadet has allowed my Sea Cadet unit to be an Illinois satellite for her program. My cadets are collecting CDs, DVDs and video games that will then be sent overseas. If anyone wants to send some discs for inclusion in the shipments, I will be using the mailing address for the reserve center we drill at. Monetary donations will also be accepted to offset the shipping charges. The address is:

US Naval Marine Corp Reserve Center
US Naval Sea Cadet Corps
7117 W. Plank Rd.
Peoria, IL 61607

The website for the program is www.tunes4thetroops.20m.com

The goal is to send 500,000 by December 2008. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Thanks.

Kittyjg
:42:

Back
Top Bottom