Atmos II problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trinigordo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone had a problem with the Atmos II working on a dive?

Yesterday I was diving and the computer never turned on, I tried pressing the front button and nothing happened, I held the front and side button and I got to the dive log but I just couldn't seem to get the computer to work for my dive yesterday.

What could be wrong here?

DiveMaven:
Have you tried changing the battery?

No I haven't, but I assumed since the other functions were working it wouldn't be a battery problem.

Low voltage can make a computer (any computer) do wierd things.

All the best, James

I recently changed the battery in my Atmos 2 as the low alarm was going off. Made 4 dives and the low alarm comes back on??? Put old battery back in and the computer works fine again??????

I know I need to get another battery but seems odd...........

The Horn:
I recently changed the battery in my Atmos 2 as the low alarm was going off. Made 4 dives and the low alarm comes back on??? Put old battery back in and the computer works fine again??????

I know I need to get another battery but seems odd...........
I had a similar problem (diving an Atmos 2) about a week ago... I put new batteries into my and my wife's 'puters at the beginning of the season. Making it through the summer and fall should be no problem, even at a 15 second sampling rate...

Turned it on to download the dives and the alarm went off for low battery. I opened it up, took out the battery, made sure everything was dry, replaced the battery (making *very* sure everything was seated properly -- that o-ring crown can be tricky), and it went back to full. I've checked it every day since (doing a deep dive this weekend, and don't need it going 86 on me), and it's been fine.

Bottom line -- I think re-seating it did the trick... imperfect connections and varying resulting voltages can wreak havoc on a 'puter...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom