Freshwater Jellyfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman once bubbled...
How many people have seen these little things? I wasn't aware they even existed til we saw one on friday night. They are apparently rare. We were in lake ontario at kingston. It was quite an interesting sight.

steve

I posted a video of them last year. We see them usually in October at a local pond. The video's gone, but they were very small, white, and delicate.

Someone told me that they were out last week, but I didn't see them.

I've also been told that there are only 2 species of freshwater jellies.

I have seen them in a local quarry, neat little critters.

in Mineral Wells or Mineral Springs in southern Ohio. They were tiny and a translucent white color. I used to see a very large jelly fish in Kentucky Lake during the '60's. I haven't heard anyone mention them there anymore.

I think the lake is Ouachita near Little Rock. They have also been seen in Beaver Lake near Rogers Arkansas.

Jelly Fish Lake in Palau.

1000's of jelly fish in a ffresh water lake it is quite amazing.

anybody want a picture give me your email address and i will email one.

It's a shallow rock quarry and the jellies are the most interesting thing in it. The new owners decided to dredge the bottom to get rid of the pond weed and some of the mud, don't know how this has affected the jelly population. I haven't seen any there this year but I've only been there twice.
Ber :bunny:

herman once bubbled...
I have seen them in a local quarry, neat little critters.
Is this the same NC Quarry that's in Dive Training Magazine this month? They mention the FW Jellies, too.

Jarhead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom