Oddest questions you've heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What are some of the "oddest" questions you've heard from tourists?

Here are a few I've come across:

One tourist while pointing at Lanai and Molokai asked "Are those islands there all year round?" ... answer... "No they migrate in with the whales."

At the end of my old street (a dead end) ... "My map says this road goes to the other side of the island... does it?" (me looking at the mountain and dead end 50 yards away) "Not yet..."

"How often do you get back to the states?"

Why is it always raining? answer: Hello? We're not called the Rainbow state for nothing...a few get upset at that answer.

I heard of a tourist asking a Hawaiian tour bus operator who won their last presidential election.

justleesa:
Why is it always raining? answer: Hello? We're not called the Rainbow state for nothing...a few get upset with that answer.

I understand that one - When people drive to Hana there is always 1 of 2 complaints: "It was raining..." or "There were no waterfalls ..." can't have it both ways :D

24.gif

One of our instructors was taking a cruise and he heard these asked of the crew:
"Does the crew stay on the boat all night?"
"Does the ship make its own electricity?" No. We run an extension cable from Hawaii.

Out at the quarry there is a rope leading from a platform out to the rock crusher on the north wall. While a group of students were prepping for their final dive, which they plan and execute, a student asked me, " I know the rope goes out to the crusher. Does it come back too?" Nope. It's a one way rope and only goes out. Here's your sign.

Joe

I take it nobody has come up with an entrance exam for Hawaii yet? This is just....unbelievable.

When I lived in the caribbean a tourist asked me if I lived there every day. No, I commute every day from the states.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom