Need some equipment advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I4CUTigers

Registered
Reaction score
I just got my OW certification the other day and I'm really wanting to go ahead and get my equipment (i realize that most recommend renting, but I really don't want to go that route). Anyway, I live in upstate SC and I was wondering if any of you (who are familiar with this area) would recommend Bermuda Triangle or the Anderson Scuba shop for my equipment needs (BC, reg., and PDC) or is there any shops you would recommend in the area. Also, any recommendations on gear... I'm thinking about a Zeagle Ranger BC, but I really have no idea about PDC's or regs. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome fellow UpStater! :D

IMHO, the best LDS in our area is The Scuba Shop in Spartanburg. I know its a drive for us that live in the Anderson/Clemson area, but they run a great operation and prices are reasonable. They have their own pool in the shop and on some items you can try before you buy. Their customer service is outstanding.

I've never been in Bermuda Triangle, so I can't comment. I know that there is a new shop in Clemson, but have not been over there to check it out. I believe that the owner is a Fireman from Greenville. I think he's running OW classes through the week.

The guys at the Scuba Shop in Spartanburg are #1 as far as I'm concerned and will continue to give them my business. I dive with them on Jocassee as much as possible when I'm in town. Come dive with us, if you get the chance! They serve cold drinks and food on their dive ops!

Where did you get your OW cert at? Which agency?

Here's a link to their site and to the new one in Clemson.

http://www.scubashopsc.com/index.html

http://www.upstatescuba.com/

One of my buddies is an instructor through SDI so I went that route.

Thanks for the help!

No problem! Maybe we'll see each other on Jocassee!

I4CUTigers:
I just got my OW certification the other day and I'm really wanting to go ahead and get my equipment (i realize that most recommend renting, but I really don't want to go that route). Anyway, I live in upstate SC and I was wondering if any of you (who are familiar with this area) would recommend Bermuda Triangle or the Anderson Scuba shop for my equipment needs (BC, reg., and PDC) or is there any shops you would recommend in the area. Also, any recommendations on gear... I'm thinking about a Zeagle Ranger BC, but I really have no idea about PDC's or regs. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You also might want to check with Bill at Off the Wall Diving (www.offthewalldiving.com). His prices are generally better than others. His shop is in his basement, so he doesn't have as much overhead. He knows his stuff, too! See you at Jocassee!

Talk with Reese at Bermuda Triangle. He is easy to work with and has quality gear. I would recommend the ScubaPro Knighthawk over the Zeagle Ranger. I have found that I wished I had bought a plate BC but I wouldn't give up my Knighthawk either. The ScubaPro MK25 with a S600 or X650 reg is unmatched as far as I'm concerned. Just remember when buying gear, don't buy something cheaper than what you want. If you can't afford exactly what you want, wait until you can. Don't ever "settle" for dive gear. It is you underwater life support system, so you need to be happy and comfortable with your quality gear.

Back
Top Bottom