Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vox

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Whoa!

I just got a PP2 and I'm absolutely overwhelmed.

Where do I start?

I've read the manual and have a general understanding of how the device works and what each screen gives me.

How do I integrate this into my diving now?

I'm really looking for some practical experience type of demonstrations that walk me through a dive and how to use the device in place of the tables.

Am I missing something in the manual(s) that provide a review of typical use?

(does this post make any sense whatsoever?)

:confused:

Thanks for any feedback!

~m

YOu may want to take your computer to your LDS (where you purchased it) and ask for a hands-on demonstration...if they don't know (because you didn't buy it there), find out from Oceanic where your closest retailer is and let them tell you where you can get that hands-on experience...

I just bought one myself and can't wait until it comes in for me to try it!!!

Vox,

Read the users manual one more time.

You'll find instructions towards the back that will show you how to use your PP2 in a simulator mode to set up an artificial dive.

the K

Since you probally didn't buy this from a LDS... Please look at the oceanic website.......... http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_computers_proplus_manuals.html
That link will give you the full manual. Please understand that a computer is a tool. You need to still use the tables as a back-up. It will help you if your comp fails. Final note... buy an extra battery now, no use in a user replaceable battery without a battery and small jewelers screwdriver handy. Yes that's right get a jewelers screwdriver; it won't strip the head of your screws. Silicone grease is a must too now to carry. Good Luck.

<nodding>

Thanks for the replies.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't over complicating the matter and missing something entirely obvious in terms of use and practical application.

I bought it at my LDS and intend on going to them as a final resort. I thought a better resource, and initial place to begin, might be this forum.

I fully intend to dive the tables and use this as a resource until I get a comfort level.

Appreciate everyone's feedback.

Vox,

I don't know what your level or frequency of diving is, but it's a good thing just to take the computer out from time to time, especiall if you haven't been diving in a while, just to push the buttons and keep up a familiarity with it.

Many are the times I've seen divers on boats sitting there trying to figure out, once again, how to use their computers because there had, as I surmised it, a lapse in their use of the instruments.

That which one does not use one tends to forget.

the K

The Kraken:
Vox,

I don't know what your level or frequency of diving is, but it's a good thing just to take the computer out from time to time, especiall if you haven't been diving in a while, just to push the buttons and keep up a familiarity with it.

Many are the times I've seen divers on boats sitting there trying to figure out, once again, how to use their computers because there had, as I surmised it, a lapse in their use of the instruments.

That which one does not use one tends to forget.

the K

K...agreed. Frequency leads to familiarity.

I _plan_ on using it a lot.

LOL!

Thanks for the feedback.

~m

Doug Krause:
The Pro Plus 2 has a fully-functional simulator built in - you can run it through any dive profile in real time. It operates exactly the same way as it would underwater. Check the operating manual for instructions.

Will do. Appreciate your suggestion, Doug.

Back
Top Bottom