Nikonos O-Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lonely Boy

Contributor
Reaction score
I have mix up four O rings of my Nikonos equipment during a recent cleaning. They are the rear O rings of Nikonos 35/2.5, Sea & Sea 15/3.5, Ikelite 1:2 extension tube and Sea & Sea 1:3 extension tube.

These 4 O rings are similar in size. I put them together and find that there are slight difference in their diameters. Do you have any experience on how to distinguish them? Would it cause flooding if they are mixed up?

I had already put them back randomly after cleaning, drying and greasing. They seem fit in the grooves and no virtually slack.

Any comment?

I know my Gates extension tube O-rings are specific to the Gates tubes. Simple cost benefit analysis -

4 new o-rings = $8-$12
flooded camera/lens = $???

Get new o-rings - it's not worth the risk. Cut the others in half and throw them out.

bengiddins once bubbled...
I know my Gates extension tube O-rings are specific to the Gates tubes. Simple cost benefit analysis -

4 new o-rings = $8-$12
flooded camera/lens = $???

Get new o-rings - it's not worth the risk. Cut the others in half and throw them out.

I agree, all three manufactures, Ike, Nikon, S&S will warn you to use only their O-rings, and their own o-ring grease. Best to follow the manufacture recommendations. Too much money involved to take a chance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom