Good open water instructor in Phoenix area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenazah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My brother lives in Tempe and works in Scottsdale area. He's intrested in taking an OW certification. Just the classroom and pool session. He will go to So. Cal for the OW check out. Can anybody recommend him a good instructor based on your personal experience ? Preferably somewhere around east valley.

Thank's

[http://www.allwetscuba.com]All Wet Scuba[/url] is in Tempe on Rural. They have some good instructors there. I haven't taken classes there, but I stop there on a regular basis and have talked to them a lot. Even did a trip with the shop this year.

Call Saguaro and ask for Charlotte- we did our checkout dives with her and can't say enough good things about the experience. They're at the 60 and Stapley in Mesa. Good luck!

Sports Chalet has classes me and my wife are taking now. $211 for cert and includes all materials.

scrapdizzy:
Sports Chalet has classes me and my wife are taking now. $211 for cert and includes all materials.

Is that price for pool, classroom, and checkout dives, or just pool and classroom?

East valley... El mar.

... or he could call Rob (Dive-aholic).

... or he could try our shop, Scuba Specialties. We're a lot of fun! :D

Scubaspecialties.com

Dive-aholic:
Is that price for pool, classroom, and checkout dives, or just pool and classroom?

Everything. Instructor is a full Course INstructor as well. Former Police Diver. Good guy.

Our first pool dive is actually tomorrow.

:dropmouth

scrapdizzy:
Everything. Instructor is a full Course INstructor as well. Former Police Diver. Good guy.

Our first pool dive is actually tomorrow.

Does that include 2 days of class/pool PLUS 2 days of open water dives? And... where do you do those dives? The lake?

Back
Top Bottom