Looking at a package from LeisurePro... help please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LyneMarie

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there. I am looking at buying a package from LeisurePro - the price looks good, but I had a few questions:
1) Is this equipment a decent basic one for a recreational diver in warm waters?
2) How is the quality of the service and dealings with LeisurePro? I would buy from the Internet and being far, I do not want to be stuck...
3) Has anyone ordered from the US to be shipped to Canada? How much would he duty be? Anu hassles?

The package is for 425$ US, plus $50 for shipping (I believe) and here is what it includes:

Blue Reef Regulator Bag, Black
Cressi-Sub Mini 2 Gauge Console
Mares Rebel Octopus
Mares MR12 Rebel Regulator
Mares Vector Origin BCD

Thank you all for your input!
Lyne Marie

I would never buy anything from Leisure Pro, they know nothing about diving at all. My proof is I actually went there to Manhattan thinking I was going to purchase a dry-suit, turns out not one person on staff has even been scuba diving. Leisure pro is run by Hasidic Jewish people who don't dive at all and trust me I have nothing against Jewish people at all my girlfriend is Jewish. They are in business just and only to make money. The warranty they provide is only through Leisure Pro not the manufacturers. The equipment your looking for is sold at Divers Supply why don't you do a price comparison and see if there is a huge difference, I guarantee the stuff you purchase from Divers Supply will have a warranty. You can call them in Tampa at 813-969-3480 and just to let you know, I have no affiliation with them at all.

The only problem with LP is that they are not authorized dealers for everything that they sell. That means the only warranty you get is through LP and not the mfg. Personally I would rather have the mfg. warranty.

There are however some very good authorized dealers that will price match LP or make you a similar deal on similar gear. Scubatoys.com, DiversDirect.com, or DiversSupplyUSA.com are my favorites. Give Larry a call at ScubaToys, give him a budget and he'll help you put together a great package.

Run for you life!!! If you must buy on line (which I do not recomend) at least buy from a site that actully has a real store and has real divers. IMO it is now and always be worth the extra buck to buy from a LDS. If you must buy on-line DO NOT BUY from Liesure Crap!!!!

I like to support the Local Dive Shop. Any critical items that would need maintenance etc. I buy from them. It might be alittle more but in the long run it will save you money.

I buy stuff from Leisure Pro sometimes, but only accessories and stuff because they have a good selection and prices. I wouldn't buy a reg from there because I want the manufacturers warranty, and to deal with someone who knows what they're doing. (If they are authorized dealers for any regs I'm guessing it would be some brand I wouldn't want anyway.)

I'm not quite as worried about the warranty on a BC but it's still better to buy from someplace that offers it if you can. But buying a BC over the net is less than ideal as fit and positioning of stuff is important and it might turn out no size of a particular style works for someone. So I'd only do that if you were prepared to ship things back and keep trying if the fit wasn't right, rather than settling. Obviously this could eat up some of the savings.

Rico867:
I would never buy anything from Leisure Pro, they know nothing about diving at all. My proof is I actually went there to Manhattan thinking I was going to purchase a dry-suit, turns out not one person on staff has even been scuba diving. Leisure pro is run by Hasidic Jewish people who don't dive at all and trust me I have nothing against Jewish people at all my girlfriend is Jewish. They are in business just and only to make money. The warranty they provide is only through Leisure Pro not the manufacturers. The equipment your looking for is sold at Divers Supply why don't you do a price comparison and see if there is a huge difference, I guarantee the stuff you purchase from Divers Supply will have a warranty. You can call them in Tampa at 813-969-3480 and just to let you know, I have no affiliation with them at all.

I disagree with the logic here. Just because someone doesn't know what they are selling doesn't make it crap. However, from my personal experience with them, I would not buy scuba gear from them. Mask, snorkel, fins etc, is no big deal but reg, bcd, octo and gauges I would get elsewhere. Diver-supply.com or scubatoys.com would be better online venders but I would make sure I tried on a bcd before making a buy. I got a snorkeling package from Leisurepro that I love. Leisurepro just has warranty issues that you do not want to hassle with....especially with gear that you depend on to keep you alive in an alien environment. Bottom line, only buy "small" stuff from Leisurepro. Save major purchases for elsewhere!

I never said the stuff they sold was crap, but if your someone who has little or no knowledge of scuba equipment, having experience or know how is a major plus in my book. I wanted to buy a dry-suit and not one person was able to help me, the product they had was nice but they supplied no education about it. Plus there is no warranty at all from the manufacturers, so where is all there equipment coming from. A huge question mark in my book.

Rico867:
I never said the stuff they sold was crap, but if your someone who has little or no knowledge of scuba equipment, having experience or know how is a major plus in my book. I wanted to buy a dry-suit and not one person was able to help me, the product they had was nice but they supplied no education about it. Plus there is no warranty at all from the manufacturers, so where is all there equipment coming from. A huge question mark in my book.

True. I would have been turned off too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom